Yellow

UPS1907

I hope this makes SOB think a little bit. Choose the right battles, know when to attack know when to concede (if he knows how to)

22,000 Teamster families will have no benefits or job. And Teamsters have 22,000 less dues.

Thebrownblob

I hope this makes SOB think a little bit. Choose the right battles, know when to attack know when to concede (if he knows how to)

22,000 Teamster families will have no benefits or job. And Teamsters have 22,000 less dues.

Do you just make statements without understanding? These members have sacrificed since 2008. Cuts in pay, many years little to no raises, Some years no pension payments, other years as little as 1/4 paid. All of this approved by the members to try and keep this company going.

The company has hired executive after executive, and given millions of dollars worth of bonuses took a $700 million loan from the government and has paid less than $100 back and now they think they can just not pay peoples healthcare and pension. Starting Monday these workers were told they don’t have healthcare anymore. Tough luck even though the company has more than $150 million on hand the judge basically told yellow freight they were full of :censored2:. What exactly would you like for people to do?

oldngray

nowhere special
Do you just make statements without understanding? These members have sacrificed since 2008. Cuts in pay, many years little to no raises, Some years no pension payments, other years as little as 1/4 paid. All of this approved by the members to try and keep this company going.

The company has hired executive after executive, and given millions of dollars worth of bonuses took a $700 million loan from the government and has paid less than $100 back and now they think they can just not pay peoples healthcare and pension. Starting Monday these workers were told they don’t have healthcare anymore. Tough luck even though the company has more than $150 million on hand the judge basically told yellow freight they were full of :censored2:. What exactly would you like for people to do?
Yellow is trying to claim it is all the Teamsters fault for trying to force them to pay what they owe.

Thebrownblob

Yellow is trying to claim it is all the Teamsters fault for trying to force them to pay what they owe.
Yep and apparently some people who have no idea believe it. Sad when a bunch of corporate vultures can make hard-working men and women who have sacrificed for more than a decade look like the bad guy.

Thebrownblob

I apologize. You're right. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. And SOB wants a monster omelette.
So, in your opinion, they should keep working? Even though the company has been found in court to be violating the contract? Even though they won’t have health insurance? Even though no pension payments will be made? Even though the Brand new executive they just brought on a few weeks ago is scheduled to receive another million dollar bonus in the next week or two? You are truly a twisted individual.

UPS1907

Not sure there, The road to Yelllow destruction started a long time ago. Employees probably felt invincible like UPS.

Thebrownblob

Not sure there, The road to Yelllow destruction started a long time ago. Employees probably felt invincible like UPS.
Really? You think these people felt invincible some of them who’s been there Almost 2 decades make less than $26 an hour. They hold onto this company because they believed in it. They made sacrifices to try and keep Yellow alive. I know a lot of these men and women and they are Fine hard-working people. Maybe unlike yourself they’re just tired of a big corporation punching down on them.

UPS1907

It takes a special person to identify someone as twisted so quickly. You are wasting your talent at UPS. They could probably use you in a government job.

Thebrownblob

It takes a special person to identify someone as twisted so quickly. You are wasting your talent at UPS. They could probably use you in a government job.
It’s really not hard by your statement that somehow the workers are at fault and Sean Obrian has any other choice. You’ve never given a good answer. What choice do these people have?

Whatthewhat

So is the answer to lose everything or take some form of cuts? Something is 100% better than nothing. SOB didn’t teach them a lesson, he was schooled on reality. Let’s all hope he learned and not make the same mistake twice

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
SOB didn’t teach them a lesson, he was schooled on reality. Let’s all hope he learned and not make the same mistake twice

This is part of my concern with SOB in the long-term. I'm not defending the Hoffa administration at ALL but SOB seems to have this incessant need to be the "tough guy from Bahstan" and definitely has some sort of axe to grind. He's talked tough then quasi-backpedaled some of his statements already.

I want a fair and just contract like everyone else but don't want to strike because O'Brien is trying to cement his reputation.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I want a fair and just contract like everyone else but don't want to strike because O'Brien is trying to cement his reputation.

SOB was duly elected by the membership, on a platform of rigorous enforcement of our contracts

and affording the best representation for the members. Seems like he succeeded.

Upser's aren't the only members of the Union....