Yet another new management report (for us to ignore)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Actually, it sounds to me like some one in management did a good job of identifying a potential problem (using oudated, incorrect delivery notices) and used the technology to fix it prior to implementing a new program.

We had a PT clerk standing around on Friday with a box of the new delivery notices and a clipboard with every drivers name on it, she was taking away the old notices and replacing them with the new ones and crossing names off of her list.

Im glad you posted this, it made me remember that I have little half-used pads of obsolete delivery notices stashed all over the place that I need to gather up and throw away.
Don't throw them away. They make great note pads. I just use a black marker so I know what my note is.:happy-very:

No such person

Southern Ct.
We started getting messages around noon on friday about how we had to throw away our old info notices at the end of the day; when we got back to the building there was a supe telling all the drivers to get rid of info notices because we were switching to new ones Monday. I know this was predictable but I still loved it, when we showed up on Monday they had 40 pads of notices for a center with 51 drivers. Sheer genius.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
we have had them for awhile,, the not in 3 packages now get instantly rts ed,, no postcard, i recall hearing we were a test center

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
remember the "tps reports," from the movie "OFFICE SPACE?" it had jennifer anniston in it. sounds so familiar doesn't it.???????

tieguy

Banned
Our center team posted a new report Thursday morning. As you all know, UPS has changed the procedures re: NI3 pre-paid pkgs and we were all given new info notices in reponse to this change. We were briefed on the new notices during the PCM, new notices were put on our pkg car seats and the old ones removed, and a ODS message was sent reminding us to use only the new notices. Well, I guess someone in Syracuse (our district hub) has nothing better to do than to track any drivers still using the old notices (we had 3) and generate a report listing their names. To be fair, this should have been a very simple change, so I am at a loss as to why those 3 drivers either didn't get the memo or just blew it off, but it amazes me that there is a mgt person with nothing better to do all than to track this information so that an on-car can get with the driver(s) and hand them a new set of info notices.

I would be interested to hear if any of you had this happen in your centers/hubs.

I saw your new favorite report to ignore today. Looks like my district still has some old info notices lying around.:happy-very:

Bad Gas!

Our center team posted a new report Thursday morning. As you all know, UPS has changed the procedures re: NI3 pre-paid pkgs and we were all given new info notices in reponse to this change. We were briefed on the new notices during the PCM, new notices were put on our pkg car seats and the old ones removed, and a ODS message was sent reminding us to use only the new notices. Well, I guess someone in Syracuse (our district hub) has nothing better to do than to track any drivers still using the old notices (we had 3) and generate a report listing their names. To be fair, this should have been a very simple change, so I am at a loss as to why those 3 drivers either didn't get the memo or just blew it off, but it amazes me that there is a mgt person with nothing better to do all than to track this information so that an on-car can get with the driver(s) and hand them a new set of info notices.

I would be interested to hear if any of you had this happen in your centers/hubs.

We had half the center on the list.What's the big deal?

What'dyabringmetoday???

I am still waiting for the report which shows you having an independent thought. Judging from your previous posts I guess I will be waiting for a long time.
Didn't really direct that one at you, but if it got your britches in a bunch I guess that is alright too. I imagine you are safe with Roger no matter what sticky note you use.

Hangingon

All our drivers were on the report, then they found out all the DR notices they passed out on Monday were the old ones. The new ones say version 1/2009. We are supposed to look at every pad we use from now and not use them if they say 10/2008 on them. Guess they'd rather RTS them w/o a DR notice rather then be on the report.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We got our new info notices yesterday morning. We were told at the PCM that they would be watching which ones are being used.

There is something wrong with this picture. This is not the first time they have changed wording on info notices, why is this time such a big deal?

UPSNewbie

There is something wrong with this picture. This is not the first time they have changed wording on info notices, why is this time such a big deal?

Tough times = more reports needed to get on your asses to stress you into quitting/making a big enough mistake to get fired.

Tough times = more reports needed to get on your asses to stress you into quitting/making a big enough mistake to get fired.
I don't think there is a way to twist using the wrong info notice into a termination case. Now, when they negotiate the next contract, it may be added as a cardinal but at this point, naw.

UPSNewbie

I don't think there is a way to twist using the wrong info notice into a termination case. Now, when they negotiate the next contract, it may be added as a cardinal but at this point, naw.

I'm not saying that'll get you fired. Hahaha.... I'm saying they'll get you wound up in so much petty garbage that you lose your focus and mess up big.

I'm not saying that'll get you fired. Hahaha.... I'm saying they'll get you wound up in so much petty garbage that you lose your focus and mess up big.
LMAO, That may well be the whole point of the "favorite report to ignore" but they are gonna have to try harder if they want to get to me. I have personally be fairly effective in morphing from a person inflicted with stress into a carrier, I give it to others.