Yet another new management report (for us to ignore)

partykid

We got these new info's about a week ago, UPS claims to be going green, i got the new ones and threw away about 10 Brand New ones i had in my bag.... how many trees were cut down when WE as a whole threw all the old ones away?????

We got these new info's about a week ago, UPS claims to be going green, i got the new ones and threw away about 10 Brand New ones i had in my bag.... how many trees were cut down when WE as a whole threw all the old ones away?????
UPS doesn't want to go green, they want to SAY, "We are going green"
just like the "Safety slogans .

BrownSuit

There is something wrong with this picture. This is not the first time they have changed wording on info notices, why is this time such a big deal?

This change reflects the change to the new RTS in 3 policy.

If a customer receives the old info notice stating we will postcard it and we don't, the shipper could theoretically ask for the shipping charges back.

This change reflects the change to the new RTS in 3 policy.

If a customer receives the old info notice stating we will postcard it and we don't, the shipper could theoretically ask for the shipping charges back.
I'll have to dig up some of the old notices, but I don't remember them ever stating we would post card packages.

pretzel_man

UPS doesn't want to go green, they want to SAY, "We are going green"
just like the "Safety slogans .

UPS was working on being "green" before it was in fashion. UPS had a sustainability group well before "green" became a buzzword.

Some facts from them:

Today, UPS operates the largest private alternative fuel-fleet in the transportation industry, including hybrid electric and hydraulic hybrid, compressed natural gas, liquefied natural gas, propane, fuel cell, and electric vehicles. Through the years, countless resources and time have been devoted to numerous programs and technologies to help us meet our goal of increased fuel efficiency.

UPS’s air fleet has achieved significant fuel, noise and emissions reductions by using a technique called Continuous Descent Approach (CDA). UPS estimates CDA can reduce nitrous oxide emissions by 34 percent, noise emissions by 30 percent and fuel consumption by 40-70 gallons per flight. That’s a savings of over 1 million gallons per year annually.

UPS was selected for the 2008 Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI), released by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)

The CDP is a group that surveys the world's largest companies to obtain information on carbon emissions, identify goals for carbon reduction and gauge environmental-related risks and opportunities, and then reports them to institutional investors. The companies were asked questions in four major subject areas: Risks and Opportunities, Emissions Accounting, Performance Against Targets and Governance. Those selected have a high CDLI score, which measures their response to the survey and level of disclosure, along with the lowest carbon intensity score, a ratio of annual revenue compared to actual carbon emissions.

UPS’s IT and data operations landed the company on Uptime’s Global Green 100 list. Corporations were recognized for demonstrating a high-level commitment to increasing energy efficiency and reducing carbon footprint.

UPS was honored with 2008 Environmental Protection Agency's SmartWay Excellence Award. Selection was based on documented results that prove demonstrated creative and innovative ways to reduce carbon emissions and save fuel.

UPSNewbie

UPS’s air fleet has achieved significant fuel, noise and emissions reductions by using a technique called Continuous Descent Approach (CDA). UPS estimates CDA can reduce nitrous oxide emissions by 34 percent, noise emissions by 30 percent and fuel consumption by 40-70 gallons per flight. That’s a savings of over 1 million gallons per year annually.

Take-off must be some trickery business, then. :funny:

JustTired

free at last.......

CDA???...........isn't that a fancy name for "power down engines and glide like a rock"?

No power will keep you on a "continuous descent"!!! :wink2:

Dagoof

Had my second 3 day ride this week. Ask my OC if he gets the reports he said yes but really they dont pay too much attention to it. He said that the mall route that has too scan a barcode at a couple of the places when they deliver come up now as an old delivery notice.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Today, UPS operates the largest private alternative fuel-fleet in the transportation industry, including hybrid electric and hydraulic hybrid, compressed natural gas, liquefied natural gas, propane, fuel cell, and electric vehicles. Through the years, countless resources and time have been devoted to numerous programs and technologies to help us meet our goal of increased fuel efficiency.

Fuel efficiency eh? You did forget to mention that my brand spanking new propane-powered p500 gets 5 MPG and burns through about 260 litres (about 1,040 gallons) of propane a week. At least propane is a low emissions fuel, but fuel efficiency this is not.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I wonder why they just didnt wait until most of the old ones were used up before starting the new ones. What happened to UPS goin green and all that good stuff. Would it hurt that much to extend the five day hold until then.

No worries, UPS is going even greener with next years calendar, which will be the size of a delivery notice.:dissapointed:

Oh yeah, and can I still use the old ones if I just want to indirect a pkg?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No worries, UPS is going even greener with next years calendar, which will be the size of a delivery notice.:dissapointed:

Oh yeah, and can I still use the old ones if I just want to indirect a pkg?

I believe UPS has a rule against using a calendar to indirect a package ... could be wrong though.