You’ll be sorry

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's only been a couple months and I already miss it. I called and asked if I could unretire and come back but they just laughed. To anybody thinking about retiring I would say you don't know how good you have it, stay with it and you'll be happier. Don't be a fool like me.
Are you joking?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It's only been a couple months and I already miss it. I called and asked if I could unretire and come back but they just laughed. To anybody thinking about retiring I would say you don't know how good you have it, stay with it and you'll be happier. Don't be a fool like me.
you need help. why dont all us retirees start package delivery service?

are u past the 90 days? I was told you can change your mind in the first 90 days.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I had already been losing interest with the idea of retirement. But after seeing how much muscle mass, strength, and function I've lost in my arm and hand from not being able to use it since hurting it only three weeks ago, I'm even more convinced that the retirement lifestyle isn't looking like it's for me. You gotta keep your body moving to keep everything strong, flexible, and operational. Your body knows when it is no longer needed and that's when everything starts shutting down.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I had already been losing interest with the idea of retirement. But after seeing how much muscle mass, strength, and function I've lost in my arm and hand from not being able to use it since hurting it only three weeks ago, I'm even more convinced that the retirement lifestyle isn't looking like it's for me. You gotta keep your body moving to keep everything strong, flexible, and operational. Your body knows when it is no longer needed and that's when everything starts shutting down.
Only if your idea of retirement is sitting in a lazy boy watching tv/surfing the internet.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Only in the summer.
I can still fish and ride motorcycles in the winter, and also have other options like skiing in addition. But stuff like that costs money. Even by finding time to do more of it in retirement, that means even more money spent with less coming in and with no promise that those funds will continue to do so or even last.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I can still fish and ride motorcycles in the winter, and also have other options like skiing in addition. But stuff like that costs money. Even by finding time to do more of it in retirement, that means even more money spent with less coming in and with no promise that those funds will continue to do so or even last.
There are no guarantees with anything except living and dying. That’s why you have to plan for the future and hope for the best.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
good. dont retire and keep contributing to the pension fund and keep it strong. just got another check today.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
One thing I've figured out already is that you don't need anywhere near as much money as you think.
ya. that is one thing we worried about. but you're right. we paid off the house before retiring and the pension was plenty and then some to take care of everything. then we started getting social security and thats all gravy.

i'm seriously thinking of getting a Tesla since they are AWD.