You express guys ready to be embarrassed?

DontThrowPackages

Your drivers have enough trouble straightlining, not to mention remaining shiny side up.

I think you have a reality check kn the way with on calls.
imagine how their heads will explode making an oncall pup only to have to return 2 hours later because the customer requested a new pup. I see lots of phantom "no pick" scans in the future.

dezguy

You are a lucky man

I kid you not the once I have regular on calls for will literally call 12 Times some days. All the same pup time, instead of calling in 1 pup for 12 pieces she's does it 12 seperate time, blows my mind
Are they on internet ship? I get the same thing with some of my pups and its not really the customers fault. FedEx has made internet ship more difficult than it has to be and people get confused by it.

It will be fine

imagine how their heads will explode making an oncall pup only to have to return 2 hours later because the customer requested a new pup. I see lots of phantom "no pick" scans in the future.
That happens now already. Think we never get calls when a customer forgets a shipment or gets a late order and asks if we can swing by again? It's not a crazy scenario that we just couldn't possibly comprehend. I'm sure our rules will be different anyway, like the cutoff time to call will likely be much earlier. I've got plenty of customers that schedule same day with me already, it's not that big of a deal.

whenIgetthere

You are a lucky man

I kid you not the once I have regular on calls for will literally call 12 Times some days. All the same pup time, instead of calling in 1 pup for 12 pieces she's does it 12 seperate time, blows my mind

How about the ones who calls three or four times during the day but have different close times for each?

Slick silver

Sounds like on of the routes I run. Today I had 3 different places call in multiple times for pups. All after I had already done them once around 1200. Call again for a 1400 close then again call for a 1700 close. A bit annoying to say the least. I started the route with 10 pups and ended with 29 pups. After eliminating some of the same pups with the two different close times i still had 27

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sounds like on of the routes I run. Today I had 3 different places call in multiple times for pups. All after I had already done them once around 1200. Call again for a 1400 close then again call for a 1700 close. A bit annoying to say the least. I started the route with 10 pups and ended with 29 pups. After eliminating some of the same pups with the two different close times i still had 27

My favorites are the ones that always have a late ready time (like 1600), with a 1700 close. I'm sure our top-notch Call Center employees will schedule pickups for Ground just as "carefully" as they do for Express.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Our customers are limited to one on call per day.
That's the way it should be.

My favorites are the ones that always have a late ready time (like 1600), with a 1700 close. I'm sure our top-notch Call Center employees will schedule pickups for Ground just as "carefully" as they do for Express.

Rajib, a top notch employee from San Salvador has that certain knack for assigning 13:00 close times to hospitals and 16:00 close times to Pizza Hut will continue to use his talents to continue in this fine tradition.

Have fun Ground!

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Rajib, a top notch employee from San Salvador has that certain knack for assigning 13:00 close times to hospitals and 16:00 close times to Pizza Hut will continue to use his talents to continue in this fine tradition.

Have fun Ground!

"Halloooh, I am Jasnit, and I will happily service you. Oh, yes, the courier will be there at exactly 1 pm so you can go to your dental appointment!! Or, if you'd like, he or she will wait at your home if necessary! Would you like them to wash and wax your automobile while they are there? FedEx, we are number one!!"

DontThrowPackages

Such a pain to get these oncalls all while trying to deliver everything on the truck on time.

DontThrowPackages

Have fun Ground!
So true. Walk into a well know restaurant for a 1200 closer. I grab the letter and ask if they're closing early today. They say, we'll be open til 11pm. Ok thanks. I guess we can't really blame Rajib. He's probably doing his level best just to get to work alive. such a mess with gang violence down there. But it would be nice if he could mix in a few 1900 close times. It really would help the service.

theslinger

How about the ones who calls three or four times during the day but have different close times for each?

Had a customer request a pu only to not have anything. Just wanted her two boxes of wine, which I couldn't deliver because she wasn't there earlier. She figured it was less convenient then to drive to the building ( 30 mins away one way) and pick it up after 8pm (which is our pu time slot). Sure lady, heres your booze.

whenIgetthere

Had a customer request a pu only to not have anything. Just wanted her two boxes of wine, which I couldn't deliver because she wasn't there earlier. She figured it was less convenient then to drive to the building ( 30 mins away one way) and pick it up after 8pm (which is our pu time slot). Sure lady, heres your booze.

Had one of those once. Guy did the same thing, imagine his surprise when I told him I left his package at the station when I took my lunch break there. The best part, he lived about three miles from the station.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The assignment of commit times will depend upon the method used to initiate the on call. The commit time is normally much later if the shipper calls the toll free number rather than going online to set up the on call.

We have the option of asking the OMS to change the commit time, if needed.

NYCFXG

I have been getting same day calls since I started. For the first 2 months it was entirely up to me whether I serviced the pick up or saved it for the next day. Then, one day, I get a call from the TM about how I "have to do what I have to do" and pick up this client same day. It was already 4 pm and my guys were in the midst of pick up hell and this customer was demanding we go pick him up before 6pm. It was basically impossible and I told them so. The TM said this job isn't easy and it is my responsibility to get it. Nothing was added to my pick up list and no window was created, so we went by when we could at around 7 or so and serviced a very angry client. Next day, not even a sliver of recognition.

STFXG

I have been getting same day calls since I started. For the first 2 months it was entirely up to me whether I serviced the pick up or saved it for the next day. Then, one day, I get a call from the TM about how I "have to do what I have to do" and pick up this client same day. It was already 4 pm and my guys were in the midst of pick up hell and this customer was demanding we go pick him up before 6pm. It was basically impossible and I told them so. The TM said this job isn't easy and it is my responsibility to get it. Nothing was added to my pick up list and no window was created, so we went by when we could at around 7 or so and serviced a very angry client. Next day, not even a sliver of recognition.
From your posts it sounds like the contractors in your building need to grow a pair.

It will be fine

From your posts it sounds like the contractors in your building need to grow a pair.
Agreed. You should know your contract inside and out. Same day pickup service is not required yet. I quote the contract to management all the time. There's not much they can do about it. Unless you have a senior manager that's sending contracts up for termination left and right, I'd do only what's required. All you have to say is, "Sorry can't get there today, feel free to send someone else." If you follow procedure you're basically untouchable.

NYCFXG

It's so bad at my terminal, if I talked about it in any more description a fedex employee would know exactly where I am talking about. The relationship between the SM at our terminal and the contractors is extremely adversarial. We are all horrible at what we do. We don't know how to run our businesses or hire competent employees. We never see our SM unless it is in their office. They are basically the wizard of oz. They hide behind their curtain and say it's everyone else's job, not theirs. We're constantly fed :censored2:ty information regarding volume. "Asked" to go out on weekends and told there will be an extra sort on Monday only to find an empty truck. In the last month 8 different ICs or CSPs (whatever) have been given OTC letters. At this point, I am just trying to protect my investment and then get the eff out of this place.

When hiring drivers, drivers will ask if I am at this terminal and say they won't work there. It has happened 3 times in the last month. It's a complete mess. 30% of the trucks in the terminal are being used for supplementals. I truly believe, I am in the worst terminal in the country. Because, if this is how it is everywhere the company would not be successful.