You greedy bastards

allahuakbar

She/Her
Why are you crying? This is literally what you signed up for when y’all applied.

Just quit if it’s ruining your life. It’s not worth stressing yourself out.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Yes, they have ruined my holiday season with unreasonable long days. Not all of us of want an insane amount of overtime. I would like family time in the evenings even during peak. Not only that, driving with my eyes glazed over because I’m so tired isn’t safe either, and no I don’t run. I’m walking at the speed of a postal worker...slow.

I hope so badly that we fail to deliver packages on time this year and get really bad press so they add loads of extra help next year.

Quite honestly I don’t want to be over 9.5 even at peak. I have a family and a life.

I’m top rate and looking at my checks isn’t even that exciting knowing there are nights I don’t get to see my kids before they go to bed. Money doesn’t buy that time back.
Just get a 9-5 job guy. See your kids.

watdaflock?

Yes, they have ruined my holiday season with unreasonable long days. Not all of us of want an insane amount of overtime. I would like family time in the evenings even during peak. Not only that, driving with my eyes glazed over because I’m so tired isn’t safe either, and no I don’t run. I’m walking at the speed of a postal worker...slow.

I hope so badly that we fail to deliver packages on time this year and get really bad press so they add loads of extra help next year.

Quite honestly I don’t want to be over 9.5 even at peak. I have a family and a life.

I’m top rate and looking at my checks isn’t even that exciting knowing there are nights I don’t get to see my kids before they go to bed. Money doesn’t buy that time back.
waaaaah! I didn't study enough when I was in school. Now I have an overpaid union job where I get paid well just to drive around all day and deliver boxes. waaaaaaah!
They’re closing our hub when Amazon drops us.
bye, Felicia.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well to me yes I am entitled to my 100k plus and benefits a year if I put my hours in. For people that work hard for a lot less, well I can’t help you there. That’s their fault for settling less when there’s opportunity to make money out there. If I can get it, sure anyone can.

You think that you are entitled to your 100K plus and benefits for a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license simply because you are a union member who has "put my hours in"? As PT said, you clearly have a false sense of entitlement, which is common among union members (and state employees).

MrFeeder

You think that you are entitled to your 100K plus and benefits for a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license simply because you are a union member who has "put my hours in"? As PT said, you clearly have a false sense of entitlement, which is common among union members (and state employees).
Am I not entitled to the hours I work??? Lol if you disagree to this, we’re fighting. lol

Whither

Scofflaw

Per the contract we are legally entitled to our pay and bennies as long as we report and remain in good standing. My god, there are even stipulations re: lay-offs.

It is a UPS mgmt tactic to encourage us to feel ingratiated and try to hold our wages over our heads. And the shop boys fall in line.

Meanwhile there is a long history of labor struggle over not just pay but also working conditions.

MrFeeder

Absolutely you are and that is not the point.

In what world do you think you are entitled to $100K plus benefits for a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license?

BTW, I retired after 30 years as a FT pkg car driver and never once broke $80K.
Okay let me make this clear, a person that only has Highschool diploma and drivers license isn’t justifiable in a entitlement making 100k a year plus bennies? So what’s justifiable in your book? You make it sound like people that only has HS diploma are peasants. You can compare a person that collects cans and bottles all day and he makes $50 dollars. He is ENTITLED to that $50 because he worked his ass off. It’s not about the amount of entitlement, it’s about how hard you work the hours you put in then you’re entitled to that pay.

If you work enough hours that’ll pay 100k plus, aren’t you entitled to that salary? Of course you are. Clear enough? Clearly you never broke 80k in your career because you made that decision when there’s more money to be made. You entitled yourself to that 80k. I personally never have cut myself short and never went below 110k. Am I whining and complaining? eff no. I love it.

Oh and do you know where I got the word entitlement from? From UPS timeoff viewer itself. Vacations, sick days, option A,B etc etc were titled “Entitlement “ lol. UPS wrote that themselves ;)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

FedEx Ground has clearly proven that the job can be adequately performed for as little as 1/3 of what UPS pays their FT seniority drivers.

I am not begrudging what you guys make------I am begrudging the fact that you think you deserve this. You and everyone of your co-workers should be thankful for all that they have received over their careers.

Whither

Scofflaw
FedEx Ground has clearly proven that the job can be adequately performed for as little as 1/3 of what UPS pays their FT seniority drivers.

I am not begrudging what you guys make------I am begrudging the fact that you think you deserve this. You and everyone of your co-workers should be thankful for all that they have received over their careers.

SHOP BOY.

MrFeeder

Yeah exactly and if you read this the beginning of this friendly debate, youll see where Im coming from. It bothers me that some people here still have no shame of complaining and whining when they have it so good.

rod

Retired 22 years

Ask your Fedex Ground guy if he thinks he is entitled to more

Zowert

Peak is where the money is. Volunteer for a Saturday and make time and half, or double time for every hour you work over sixty. Top rate drivers are able to pull in close to $600 in one day, that’s equal to what a lot of people make in one week (at least those making $15/hr).

I know you’re spending less time with your families and that’s tough, especially during the holidays. Just try to look at the bright side, a lot of you are making more money than highly educated professionals right now.