You greedy bastards

Package Stick

"Send it."
FedEx Ground has clearly proven that the job can be adequately performed for as little as 1/3 of what UPS pays their FT seniority drivers.

I am not begrudging what you guys make------I am begrudging the fact that you think you deserve this. You and everyone of your co-workers should be thankful for all that they have received over their careers.
UPS should be thankful that the Union isn't stronger, management would have to follow the contract they agreed to. People died so I could freely wear my Local 000 shirt to work and not be killed.

WE fought hard for a higer wage, they did not give it to us. We should be entitled to the money our labor makes.

take your time

Absolutely you are and that is not the point.

In what world do you think you are entitled to $100K plus benefits for a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license?

BTW, I retired after 30 years as a FT pkg car driver and never once broke $80K.

Very short sighted my friend. The difference is we are putting our body on the line in this line of work. We are exchanging our physical bodies for money. Other jobs allow you to sit on your ass all day. This is mental and physical. An office job is just mental.

At the end of the day, we are just gears for this company. The company is a well oiled machine. We are the gears. The moment one of the gears wears out, we are simply replaced by another younger gear. The machine keeps on turning. At the end of your career, do you want to be a worm out gear, or a gear that was maintained in great shape? Regardless, the machine continues to run without you after you are gone. You are a number.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Very short sighted my friend. The difference is we are putting our body on the line in this line of work. We are exchanging our physical bodies for money. Other jobs allow you to sit on your ass all day. This is mental and physical. An office job is just mental.

At the end of the day, we are just gears for this company. The company is a well oiled machine. We are the gears. The moment one of the gears wears out, we are simply replaced by another younger gear. The machine keeps on turning. At the end of your career, do you want to be a worm out gear, or a gear that was maintained in great shape? Regardless, the machine continues to run without you after you are gone. You are a number.

Nice speech; however, what I couldn't help but notice that you were unable to justify how we deserve to make $100K plus benefits to deliver QVC to hoarders.

MrFeeder

Nice speech; however, what I couldn't help but notice that you were unable to justify how we deserve to make $100K plus benefits to deliver QVC to hoarders.
Because we put in hours and we earn it. Would you call hours of work earned by yourself “ a privilege “? NO once Im on the clock Im entitled to get payed to those hours. Lol gosh damn baby boomers yall really going senile.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well then since no one is questioning, it’s justified.

Uh.....no.

My son has his MBA and my ex is an RN. He works for a major pharmaceutical company and she has been an RN for 33 years. Neither makes anywhere near $100K plus benefits.

We deliver Amazon to millennials------no way we deserve to make up to $40/hr plus benefits. $25-30/hr would be more in line with our job duties.

MrFeeder

Uh.....no.

My son has his MBA and my ex is an RN. He works for a major pharmaceutical company and she has been an RN for 33 years. Neither makes anywhere near $100K plus benefits.

We deliver Amazon to millennials------no way we deserve to make up to $40/hr plus benefits. $25-30/hr would be more in line with our job duties.
Nope we deserve what we have lol. Too bad your son with his MBA and your ex gets paid less than we do. Not my problem. They can work their way up at UPS if they want to get entitled to a 100k. Doors are open.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope we deserve what we have lol. Too bad your son with his MBA and your ex gets paid less than we do. Not my problem. They can work their way up at UPS if they want to get entitled to a 100k. Doors are open.

images

One works in the ER and saves lives on an almost daily basis. The other is working his way up the corporate ladder.

You deliver cardboard boxes using a handheld device that tells you which stop is next, where the box is (supposed to be) loaded and where to leave it. It then tells you where the next stop is.

Do you really think that we deserve to be paid upward of $40/hr for a job that requires only the ability to follow a pre-navigated route?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
images

One works in the ER and saves lives on an almost daily basis. The other is working his way up the corporate ladder.

You deliver cardboard boxes using a handheld device that tells you which stop is next, where the box is (supposed to be) loaded and where to leave it. It then tells you where the next stop is.

Do you really think that we deserve to be paid upward of $40/hr for a job that requires only the ability to follow a pre-navigated route?

You don't do the job any more, Dave.

Time to drop the "we".

FromOffTheStreets

Uh.....no.

Theres only 1 way to settle this. Toss the MBA/RN into a bricked 1200 blind for a couple days & they can choose what they want.
As far as fed ex proving it's a $20/hr job. - I always ask their drivers how many stops they have when I see them. In town routes are always around 90 stops with 20ish pickups. While were doing 140 with 45 pickups or 220 with no pickups.

MrFeeder

Just pointing out the absurdity of your wages in relation to the simplicity of your job.
It seems like you’re belittling package delivery description or Feeder drivers. Don’t we have have next day air service that provides immediate medical equipment or medicines to people or hospitals? Don’t we deliver the importance of documentation or checks of major companies? I can go on and on. Don’t forget what you’ve done for the last 42 years. Just because you got comfortable of what you did at UPS doesn’t make it an easy job, you’ve just adapted to it. Delivery drivers play a major role running around the city to major needs of companies, not just someone’s Jordans waiting to get delivered. I swear you really are a definition of an old dog not wanting learn a new trick. lol