"You guys need to get a union!"

Faceplanted

Have you seen t

Have you seen their drivers?
They make FedEx ground drivers look like professionals.
Not in my area. We have a huge distribution center and some smaller buildings. They are basically 100% branded trucks with a much different caliber of workers than the idiots they had using white vans 2 years ago. If this new amazon isn’t in your city yet, it’s coming soon

you act like we are good, there are videos out there or ups drivers punting boxes, beating up their drivers as helper, we are just as low class as any of our competitors now.

Not in my area. We have a huge distribution center and some smaller buildings. They are basically 100% branded trucks with a much different caliber of workers than the idiots they had using white vans 2 years ago. If this new amazon isn’t in your city yet, it’s coming soon

you act like we are good, there are videos out there or ups drivers punting boxes, beating up their drivers as helper, we are just as low class as any of our competitors now.
Maybe some of us are.
You are paying me to do a job and I'll try my best to do it.

Faceplanted

Maybe some of us are.
You are paying me to do a job and I'll try my best to do it.
Ok boomer. Iv delivers to 2 of the smaller local distribution places in my city. They treat safety at a MUCH higher importance than we do. The employees in these branded trucks are just as professional as we are, and now they dont have the same turn over issues they were having when laser ship and all those other sketchy contractors were delivering stuff. Times are changing. I bet you were one of the guys who were saying amazon could never set up their own delivery network. 4/5 years later here we are.

542thruNthru

For how long? We are loosing ground and Amazon is gaining ground. How long before we have permanent pvds making less than 22.4s? How much you wanna bet the 25% of 22.4 to regular driver ratio goes up next contract?

So you keep saying amazon is gaining ground, so UPS is losing ground then.

And you want the union to force UPS to bleed money like amazon prime delivery does? This doesn't sound like a solid plan to me.

Faceplanted

I'm not a lazy snowflake. Even when I worked minimum wage jobs I was always grateful for the opportunity.

Is there something wrong with work ethic?

As much as this job sucks sometimes we do a lot better than many other people .
How do you know these amazon employees don’t have work ethic. Stop generalizing stuff. Ups employee are just as much of dirtbags in 2020 as amazon employees are.

Poop Head

Judge me.
How long before we have permanent pvds making less than 22.4s?
A few more years, at least, lol
How much you wanna bet the 25% of 22.4 to regular driver ratio goes up?
The ratio might go up, but where will they get the bodies? I'm guessing when Amazon full-sends their delivery network, they will be offering mid to upper $20's/hr starting, decent healthcare, and a 401k match. Along with much more pussified work environment.

Faceplanted

A few more years, at least, lol

The ratio might go up, but where will they get the bodies? I'm guessing when Amazon full-sends their delivery network, they will be offering mid to upper $20's/hr starting, decent healthcare, and a 401k match. Along with much more pussified work environment.
I agree with your second portion of your statement 100%. Tbh it sounds like if your staring off in 4/5 years..... maybe just maybe ups isn’t the best option. That’s all I’m saying.

542thruNthru

Where did I say I wanted the union to force ups to bleed money?

You want ups to follow Amazon's delivery plan. 2 man teams, no 22.4s, no waiting a year for benefits.

So if amazon delivery is bleeding money it would stand to reason so would UPS if the union forces all that on them.

Whither

Scofflaw
Oh blah blah blah. Our pension is failing in most areas. Their benefits are actually very good and don’t take 1 year. They have to pay for them yes, but not much.

if you can’t see what’s going on and how much ground the Union is loosing your blind. UPS is starting 22.4 drivers at 20hr. Amazon from what iv been told by people who work there are paying their drivers around 17-20hr We’re not leading the industry on :censored2: any more.

You make a very good point re: the 2 man teams. They were starting these box truck deliveries shortly before I left for UPS. Drivers were making around $18/hr, helpers $15. Still: our pay and bennies are in a different league compared to Amazon.

Faceplanted

You watch how they drive?

So all if those nice new shiney cans that have major body dents and are missing bumpers?
Once again, idk where you live but in my city the amazon branded vans are a different caliber of delivery style. I haven’t seen any new vans that they’ve had over the past 1-2 or two damaged, I see the same amazon delivery guy in my area. This amazon guy actually goes to high rise apt buildings front office to get the access key to deliver to the building. Every time I have off the UPS cover guy just sheets up the whole building as n1 or not ready because he’s too lazy to deliver it. You must live in some small town that hasn’t been infiltrated with all these new amazon people.

Once again, idk where you live but in my city the amazon branded vans are a different caliber of delivery style. I haven’t seen any new vans that they’ve had over the past 1-2 or two damaged, I see the same amazon delivery guy in my area. This amazon guy actually goes to high rise apt buildings front office to get the access key to deliver to the building. Every time I have off the UPS cover guy just sheets up the whole building as n1 or not ready because he’s too lazy to deliver it. You must live in some small town that hasn’t been infiltrated with all these new amazon people.
You are so wrong

Lol