You want to return what?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I regularly pickup up 102 lb palletized engines from our local Subaru dealerships. If there is someone to help we lift it and put in RDR or RDC. If it is just me I "man up" and do the same.

Serious question, Dave.

Do they seem to be replacing a lot of newer engines? I have a stake in you answer.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They are averaging 1 return per month so it is a legitimate question.

If you get a chance, ask.

They are having problems with the newer "B-series" engines, and the recommended fix is replacement. We are getting a new short block in my wife's 2014 Forester in the next week or two.

If you get a chance, ask.

They are having problems with the newer "B-series" engines, and the recommended fix is replacement. We are getting a new short block in my wife's 2014 Forester in the next week or two.
I had a ton of engine problems,when I had my 2003 Forester. I will never buy another one again.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I had a ton of engine problems,when I had my 2003 Forester. I will never buy another one again.

Third Forester here. 2000 and 2007 were bullet-proof. The new engine design has some design problems ( as well as design improvements).

The wife likes her Scoobies, and you know what they say about a happy wife!

bumped

Earlier this year, some driver picked up a Weber grill, not in a box, but actually rolled the grill into his truck.
Sometimes I have to question some of my coworker's intelligence !!!! LOL :onitswaysmiley:

That sounds like something I would do. Once I had someone return a Kindle. I asked if the had a box, and they so no. Just ship it out. I slapped the label on the screen and off it went. I'd love to hear stories of what is received by Amazon returns.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It's plausible. Cart it to the back of the truck, pick up one edge of the skid and put it on the truck. Then pick up the end that's on the ground and work it in. Alternatively, If you can stretch your arm across the skid and grip the opposite edge, you can use your other hand to support the end that's against you, and carry it just like a box. I've done it more than a few times with things I thought were going to be impossible to move, and ended up surprising myself.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The pallet is 2' x 2' and the engine is strapped down dead center.

It's no worse than trying to wrestle with a 100+ lb set of leaf springs.
Never had a car engine, but on more than one occasion I have picked up a 100LB+ transmission core that was banded and chained to a pallet. The big issue with stuff like this is (a) making sure it wont come off the pallet and (b) making sure that all the fluids have been drained out.

S

selfcancelsignal

Anytime a person hands you a box with a Post Office Label on it.
"UPS delivered it to me, and you have to return it, see right here? It says UPS"
"Sorry, but that is USPS which means it has to go the Post Office"
Kinda funny how they stare at the label and cannot comprehend the fact USPS is the Post Office!
I always think the same thing, but can see why the customer would think its UPS. The label looks very similar & just has the extra S. That being said, a lot of them are still idiots.

S

selfcancelsignal

That sounds like something I would do. Once I had someone return a Kindle. I asked if the had a box, and they so no. Just ship it out. I slapped the label on the screen and off it went. I'd love to hear stories of what is received by Amazon returns.
LMFAO!

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
If the package weighed 150 lbs (or less) and was securely fastened to the pallet you had no right to refuse the shipment.

I know you have been working for UPS for awhile but I cannot believe you would pick up a package like that. We do not do pallets that size. I have refused crated engines or engines parts because of flammable liquids(grease, oil, fuel). I get upset when I have to deliver a package that does not belong in the system.