You want to return what?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Your right too. I forgot it was two call tags one for 150 one for 40. Hey said they told him to put both tags on the box. Either way I didn't get any grief for refusing it.
Reminds me of the people who ask me to pick up something with two labels on it. When I ask which one they want to use they say they thought they needed two for the extra postage since it was a heavier item. Makes me cringe.

upsgrunt

use your knees, not your back..

why call BS on lifting 100 lbs??? just because you can't do it??

Think about a full size pallet with a motor on it.
Your fricken knees would be in the way when you tried to pick it up, unless you bent at the waist and craned it, and not many could do that to that size, weight, and volume of an item.

AKCoverMan

I like this one picked up by a rookie driver..
image.jpg

AKCoverMan

We have these new return labels that can be returned either to UPS or to USPS. They have two bar coded on them, one for each carriers use.

If they get returned to the PO they consolidate it at the post office and we pick it up. Kinda the opposite of SurePost.

The pickup in our city is at PO right across from our building. On any given day we pick up 60-100 pieces. I'm guessing we will get a lot more next week.

What's funny is some of the customers will meticulously cut off the UPS section of the label and tape it together with only the post office part. I have no idea why they go thru the trouble. The label clearly states not to alter any part of the return label.

We still pick them up. The clerk then has to make an overgoods label to move it thru our system. PITA.

wayfair

swollen member
Think about a full size pallet with a motor on it.
Your fricken knees would be in the way when you tried to pick it up, unless you bent at the waist and craned it, and not many could do that to that size, weight, and volume of an item.

It's an aluminum block, probably a 4 banger.... not a cast iron v8

trampolines are a lot tougher to maneuver

I had to deliver a generator the other day, very awkward package. Top heavy and 148 pounds and yes I used o dolly.

Upsking

I had a guy try to return a fully assembled desk. When i told him no it needed to be in a box he went inside and shut the electronic driveway gate locking me and my helper inside his yard.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I had a guy try to return a fully assembled desk. When i told him no it needed to be in a box he went inside and shut the electronic driveway gate locking me and my helper inside his yard.
What kind of paranoid weirdo has an electronic driveway gate? That would be such a pain in the ass every time you wanted to come or go from your own house.

Nick9075

So what its better than going to their store and getting the attitude from the 20 something behind the counter. As a nyer I can read people easily and it always is this hostile experience dealing with these retail service personnel. Everyone returning something isn't a criminal and doesn't affect their pay

bbsam

Staff member
So what its better than going to their store and getting the attitude from the 20 something behind the counter. As a nyer I can read people easily and it always is this hostile experience dealing with these retail service personnel. Everyone returning something isn't a criminal and doesn't affect their pay
Hey Nick. You get on over at Brown?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I once had an RS that said forty pounds. Went to lift it, it wouldn't budge. I asked the shipping guy to weigh it. It maxed out his scale at 150 plus pounds. Needless to say, that bad boy didn't get loaded into the truck.

AKCoverMan

ONLY if the they catch it.

We have revenue recovery clerks at the end of each metro belt. I have to physically take anything I deem overweight/undercharged to them WHEN I remember at the end of the day.
I understand that a lot of that auditing and correction is automated and occurs at larger sorts not in our building. Packages are checked for weight and DIM weight as they pass over scales and cross laser beams that measure dims.