Young man gets car, Employees FAIL to follow Yard Safety Rules

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Great Story, fantastic, but HELLO did anyone see the violations in that video? #1. Not using pedestrian doorways. #2. Not using designated path ways. Come on people do it right!
I have no idea what the hell video you are talking about but the overhead door rule has got to be one of the most asinine rules I have ever heard of (though at a place like this it's hard to pick just one). Every place I've ever worked in my entire life made integral use of overhead doors but this is the first and only place I've ever heard of something so dumb.

sailfish

I think the UPSers at the Oxford, AL center did something wonderful by helping this young man out. So they broke a few rules, I bet you have broke a few yourself. No one is perfect. I know you don't stay below the posted speed limit when you are leaving or heading to the center.

Every time I see someone recording a video vertically I want to take their phone and shove it up their ass.

ManInBrown

I think the UPSers at the Oxford, AL center did something wonderful by helping this young man out. So they broke a few rules, I bet you have broke a few yourself. No one is perfect. I know you don't stay below the posted speed limit when you are leaving or heading to the center.

I'm going to assume this is a very small center. It's so funny to see how different things are. Walked right out the overhead door. ORS in beginning of video saying be careful in driveways. So they're OK with using driveways?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have no idea what the hell video you are talking about but the overhead door rule has got to be one of the most asinine rules I have ever heard of (though at a place like this it's hard to pick just one). Every place I've ever worked in my entire life made integral use of overhead doors but this is the first and only place I've ever heard of something so dumb.

The rule is in place for a good reason.

Over 70

Joking aside when I was at driving school one of the overhead doors came crashing down on the hood of one of our brand new training package cars when it was being pulled out of the building. Smashed the hood right in.

sailfish

You walk through not one but two overhead doors every time you enter or exit a trailer on the dock.