Your UPS management team

10 point

Some are given the talent to run, jump or shoot.

Others are given the talent to Coach, counsel, train, plan and hold accountable.

Ask any pro sports coach --I guess all of them can run a 4.0 forty --go deep on a down and out or block a puck at over 100 miles an hour --never mind throwing a slider, curve or fastball.

You can dislike management, like management or neither --but you cannot change the "facts of life"

Does not make any pro player "great" nor all UPS drivers.
Does not make all pro coaches "great" You can be the most gifted and talented "pro player" but would never make it as a coach --and vice-versa.:cool-very: There are always exceptions to the rules --but not to the facts !!
The one thing they can't do is relate.

10 point

Our center manager jumped into a pkg car while the driver was on route.

The driver told me that after a brief ride along the center manager decided to drive.

He pulled straight into a drive nose first, they made a delivery and after the driver got back into the jump seat the center manager backed down the drive and out on to the street breaking several UPS rules.

The "facts" may not change but the hypocrisy doesn't either.

PS/ Recently there was a center manager in a center that decided to pull a trailer off the door evidently to show who was boss. He didn't check to see that it was empty and pulled while an unloader was still inside the box hanging on for dear life.

Another "coach" that never played the game?
Lead by example.

PT Car Washer

Our center manager jumped into a pkg car while the driver was on route.

The driver told me that after a brief ride along the center manager decided to drive.

He pulled straight into a drive nose first, they made a delivery and after the driver got back into the jump seat the center manager backed down the drive and out on to the street breaking several UPS rules.

The "facts" may not change but the hypocrisy doesn't either.

PS/ Recently there was a center manager in a center that decided to pull a trailer off the door evidently to show who was boss. He didn't check to see that it was empty and pulled while an unloader was still inside the box hanging on for dear life.

Lead by example.
Any UPS hourly that has been here a few years can tell stories of FT or PT sups "do what I say. Don't do what I do".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Some are given the talent to run, jump or shoot.

Others are given the talent to Coach, counsel, train, plan and hold accountable.

Ask any pro sports coach --I guess all of them can run a 4.0 forty --go deep on a down and out or block a puck at over 100 miles an hour --never mind throwing a slider, curve or fastball.

You can dislike management, like management or neither --but you cannot change the "facts of life"

Does not make any pro player "great" nor all UPS drivers.
Does not make all pro coaches "great" You can be the most gifted and talented "pro player" but would never make it as a coach --and vice-versa.:cool-very: There are always exceptions to the rules --but not to the facts !!
Here we go again, with the metaphor of mediocre American team sports culture. Your "facts of life" are pretty damn non-factual, as though the ranks of UPS or any other business management couldn't be any other way. Talk about no imagination or creativity.

OPTION3

Had an on -road yelling at another driver because he was not leaving the building fast enough….the driver said..”the cars are parked way too close”….On -road proceeds to get behind the wheel and make a hard right turn…locked up and Damaged 3 package cars, delayed about a dozen other drivers while the mechanics freed up the damaged PC’s…..The Crazy part? On-road retires 5 years later with a Safe driver award for 30 years…….talk about dishonesty/hypocrisy

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you've ever sat in the jump seat....going down some bumpy :censored2: road with the passenger door open....or the driver takes a hard left turn...you'll be clinging to that jump seat with a death grip...even with the seatbelt on....lol. Plus every driver I help insists on keep packages in the cab....so while trying not to get splattered on the road..I'm also keeping boxes from flying out the door..lol
Then you would have loved riding with me first hour of the day last peak. 350+pieces brick loaded in a 700 so I had to fish out the first 20 stops from the 1000 shelf ( which barely made a dent in it) and stack them all over the cab because there was nowhere else for them. :)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Then you would have loved riding with me first hour of the day last peak. 350+pieces brick loaded in a 700 so I had to fi sTh out the first 20 stops from the 1000 shelf ( which barely made a dent in it) and stack them all over the cab because there was nowhere else for them. :)
On regular roads...packages in the cab is fine by me. When we're going up and down these private unpaved hills and roads in the woods with doors open...ducking branching and trying
to keep packages from flying out the door...and maintain my death grip on the jump seat....lol ;)

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
On regular roads...packages in the cab is fine by me. When we're going up and down these private unpaved hills and roads in the woods with doors open...ducking branching and trying
to keep packages from flying out the door...and maintain my death grip on the jump seat....lol ;)
That's the type of peak area I had last year. Helpers would walk off quarter mile driveways due to icy hill driveways and I'd sort for 15 minutes

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The way I keep from having to sit in the jump seat during an OJS is to politely request that they wait until after our last stop to do their "demonstration". In the interests of production they always comply...but what they don't know is that I have already text messaged the route next to me and offered to let him go home early by agreeing to pull his pup trailer back from his last pickup. So once we show up at our "last stop" and I start hooking a TP-6 pup trailer up to the back of the car, my sups enthusiasm for doing their "demonstration ride" quickly fades and their ass stays right in that jump seat where it belongs.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

Lead by example.
That happened to me. I was loading a feeder when the driver pulled the trailer about 10 minutes in. He said he checked the trailer from outside before he pulled... Then later admitted he checked it then went inside the building to hang out and go to the bathroom.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The way I keep from having to sit in the jump seat during an OJS is to politely request that they wait until after our last stop to do their "demonstration". In the interests of production they always comply...but what they don't know is that I have already text messaged the route next to me and offered to let him go home early by agreeing to pull his pup trailer back from his last pickup. So once we show up at our "last stop" and I start hooking a TP-6 pup trailer up to the back of the car, my sups enthusiasm for doing their "demonstration ride" quickly fades and their ass stays right in that jump seat where it belongs.
You guys all have some kind of trailer hitch on your trucks? We don't have that here.

10 point

Makes sure that fire extinguisher (that useless one we're not allowed to use) is hooked down well or you may get a concussion as well.

10 point

That happened to me. I was loading a feeder when the driver pulled the trailer about 10 minutes in. He said he checked the trailer from outside before he pulled... Then later admitted he checked it then went inside the building to hang out and go to the bathroom.
Nice. This was a Center Manager that pulled it off the door.
He must have trained that feeder driver.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You guys all have some kind of trailer hitch on your trucks? We don't have that here.

No, there is a particular numeric series of P-700's that are all equipped with hitches as well as a couple of P-1000's. My building has 14 or 15 pup trailers and maybe 20 or so hitch cars out of a fleet of around 200.