Yuck...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The State of Oregon recently implemented a "smoke free workplace" law that bans smoking in bars, restraunts, and company-owned vehicles driven by more than one person. One of our drivers complained to management about her truck smelling like an ashtray when she came back from vacation...so to comply with the new law, the new rule here is that drivers can no longer smoke inside the package cars or feeder tractors.

We have an on-car sup who is a chain smoker, he is having a rough time feeding his nicotine habit during OJS rides now.

I like the rule. I cant stand the smell of stale smoke or wet nasty cigarette butts. I occasionally partake in a cigar, but I would never presume to do so indoors or in a vehicle.

M

Mike23

The State of Oregon recently implemented a "smoke free workplace" law that bans smoking in bars, restraunts, and company-owned vehicles driven by more than one person. One of our drivers complained to management about her truck smelling like an ashtray when she came back from vacation...so to comply with the new law, the new rule here is that drivers can no longer smoke inside the package cars or feeder tractors.

We have an on-car sup who is a chain smoker, he is having a rough time feeding his nicotine habit during OJS rides now.

I like the rule. I cant stand the smell of stale smoke or wet nasty cigarette butts. I occasionally partake in a cigar, but I would never presume to do so indoors or in a vehicle.

We have that law in Calgary too. It passed around 2 years ago as well as all smoking has to be done 6 meters away from anything that can be used as an emergency exit (any windows, doors that open).

The sad thing is, nobody complies with it. Smokers start as soon as they leave the building and there's no one around to enforce the law...Of course this is bylaw jurisdiction, not the police, but city of Calgary contracts out it's parking tickets and junk to a security company so there're only a handful of bylaw officers in the city.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Nobody seems to mind spitting on the floors, or through the grates, until you are the one that gets to clean it up.

Selfish people only think of themselves.

Dill, keep it up. One moment at a time.

d

bigbrownhen

Chewing is so nasty. I have family members with this nasty habit. As long as they spit in a container of some sort, it doesn't bother me. I guess I've been around it enough to ignore the spitting.
I have had drivers and sups both try to spit on the steps of the trucks, talk about nasty. One of our cover drivers had a bad habit of this and also would spit down the inside of the drivers door in the winter. Too lazy to open the door because it was too cold. Our center manager had the pleasure of riding in one of the trucks this guy drove the day before, after the next mornings PCM, it is no longer an issue here.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We have one driver who dips. For a long time I didn't even know it and I worked on preload with him. Keeps it to himself.

Side note: My quitting smoking is going well. :happy2:
Glad to hear it dilli!

I broke my preloader of leaving his chew spit bottles in the back of my package car. I grabbed it and poured it over him. After that-no more problems.
Are you serious?

we have alot of them and they spit all over the dock, dont really bother me, its a dock, its concrete
I wouldn't think it would bother you.:sick:

That one is me :dissapointed:. I don't dip or smoke, but I still have to spit a lot in the mornings. I get bad heartburn sometimes so it makes me spit. Guess I'm gross. But at least no one has ever said anything :happy-very:
If no one says anything, does that make it okay? I'd contact the Dr about that continuos heartburn, as it may be a sign of a more serious health problem.

Its not just the chewers its the sunflower seed spitters and the the people who think the steps into the building are the place to deposit their lung butter. Sometimes theres so many hockers people look like Fred Astaire dancing up the steps trying to avoid them.
You crack me up, cach.:happy-very:

CD, you left yourself wide open with this one but I will let it go.:wink2:
I'd be surprised if he didn't just walk around with his zipper down, seeing as he has to go so much.

its ok to do it on our dock, we got so many holes in the roof the rain washes it away

urine included
I'd hate to be the guy that slips and falls in that muck. May you be the first lucky one to wallow.

I'm a smoker, and cannot smoke during my shift, only during break, same rules should apply to dippers. I also think spitting is nasty, (regular spitting) even though I have to spit to sometimes. It just clearly displays bad manners. But spitting Dip inside of a building? Thats just ridiculous. Even on a dock, I would find it disgusting, and believe that no one should be FORCED to watch it (which is inevitable). If you dont understand why this is disgusting, then you can't be helped. [-]It is what it is[/-] WHATEVER! No comment, can this really be happening? How can a supervisor or higher up management ignore NASTY things like that.

Spitters should be trained on how to swallow!
:sick:
Ok, City Drive!!! Our outside loading area smells like wild kingdom, from the feeder drivers taking a leak. With all diseases floating around, please keep all body fluids in their proper places...lol :dead:
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/must-ask-permission-to-go-to-the-restroom.249383/

Read this to find out how City Driver feels about disbursement of bodily fluids.

whoa....are we still talkin about dipping at work? :dissapointed:
No, now the conversation has shifted to Dripping.:sick: