Yup UPS is screwed this December

rod

Retired 22 years
Sucks to hear people are having these issues out there. I was bumped today and went home. The hardest thing I've done all day is clean up a drop of queso that fell onto the floor from my chip. Otherwise I've been playing video games, watching shows, and taking a nap.

How much does that pay?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Things are running smoothly in my center. I've been punched out no later than 6:45 every night. I've never seen so many rentals going out with bulk stops, post office trips and irregs. We could be mistaken for a U-haul center.

GenericUsername

Things are running smoothly in my center. I've been punched out no later than 6:45 every night. I've never seen so many rentals going out with bulk stops, post office trips and irregs. We could be mistaken for a U-haul center.
We have 60 rentals right now and we still don't have enough cars. I had to wait in the center the other day for an EAM guy to get back to be able to go out and do sweeps.

JL 0513

My center has more rentals than ever. First year we've had Ford Transit vans from U-Haul. They're basically being used to run around taking stops off drivers because there's no available space to add routes. Stupid way to have to run things. Sad state of affairs when it comes to so many centers running beyond capacity.

opie

Today was heavy. A few drivers still out at 10pm. Trying to keep everyone under 9.5 today did not pan out for some routes.

wornoutupser

I was at the Orlando hub late tonight and could barely get into the front gate When it was time to leave I went out the back gate.The gypsy drivers had no clue and were backing up the traffic flow.

hegro

Sitting at 34.5 hours through Wednesday. 9 Monday and 12.5 or so hours Tuesday and Wednesday. Union steward told someone that they were going to go to 70 hours this Friday at our center. Who knows though, will believe it when I see it I guess.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A List? We had to more or less guess. Have I told you lately how tough we had it?
You are correct...sort of.
When I started 31 years ago we used paper delivery records and had no manifest of any kind.
However...we also had no commit times on packages.
We had no commit times for pickups.
We had no on-demand pickups getting texted to us at 1:00 in the afternoon.
When I started 31 years ago the route I am on went out with 95 stops during peak and that was a 12 hour day.
Today that same route goes out with up to 140 stops during peak.
So yes, we have manifests and other technological benefits today that were unheard of in 1988...but the demands being placed upon us by the company have been adjusted accordingly.

Box Ox

When I started 31 years ago the route I am on went out with 95 stops during peak and that was a 12 hour day.
Today that same route goes out with up to 140 stops during peak.
So yes, we have manifests and other technological benefits today that were unheard of in 1988...but the demands being placed upon us by the company have been adjusted accordingly.

Nonsense! You and @rod had it much harder than today’s Millennial whiners with their silly over 70s.

IESucks

I took the liberty of turning my orion off today. If I hear a single word about it from here on out then I will do my best to deliver 50 stops a day in orion order and bring the other 250 stops back as missed.
Regardless of Orion, we are instructed to work with ups's best interest first. Purposely bringin back missed packages due to Orion is grounds for termination. I hate Orion more than anyone but you cant screw ups to make a point. Ups will always win

ManInBrown

Sucks to hear people are having these issues out there. I was bumped today and went home. The hardest thing I've done all day is clean up a drop of queso that fell onto the floor from my chip. Otherwise I've been playing video games, watching shows, and taking a nap.
That’s unbelievable. The over the week after Black Friday. Wow

MC0493

Fantastic failure here, I have to get bailed out every night and i'm still running 14 hours a day, gonna be a short Friday it looks like:biggrin:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Regardless of Orion, we are instructed to work with ups's best interest first. Purposely bringin back missed packages due to Orion is grounds for termination. I hate Orion more than anyone but you cant screw ups to make a point. Ups will always win
This was a correct statement when we still had access to RDO, but not any longer.
The company has made a decision to intentionally hide RDO from us in order to block us from viewing the manifest in sequential order, thereby crippling our ability to make the choices that are in the company’s best interest.
Do they have the right to make this decision? Yes.
Do they have the right to then hold us responsible for the consequences of that decision? No.
If they are going to ram ODO down our throats then we need to ram 100% compliance down their throats.
If, instead, they want us to be cooperative and make smart decisions...which they have every right to do...then they also need to provide us with the information we need in order to do so.
That information is RDO, it was available before, and it is still available now with nothing more that two mouse clicks on the dispatch screen.
Cooperation is a two way street. If they want cooperation then they need to stop hiding RDO.

Last edited:

Maplewood

Well word is that in Florida both Jacksonville and Orlando hubs are already backing up and sinking fast...UPS sending all unwanted, useless blacklisted sups to try to bail out those sinking ships....good luck!
They are planning to Force as many drivers as possible to work this Saturday in the Washington area. This is as good as it gets. Next year the Monday after Thanks giving is Dec 2 already! I hope it snows.