Yup UPS is screwed this December

UPSjedi41

08AC274E-5DD1-47CD-A545-626FF4156F01.png

Its all in how you phrase it.
Dont ask them to “turn ORION off” because, as part of the entire ORION corporate Kool Aid package, they have been provided with canned, rehearsed speeches to help them deflect requests like that.
Instead, you need to ask them to “stop hiding RDO” or “stop intentionally blocking me from having access to the information I need to prevent service failures.” Dont get drawn in to a debate about the specifics of ORION; instead, force them to answer a simple yes or no question: “do you still want me to make smart decisions for you?” When they say yes, affirm that you would also prefer that but in order to do so you will need a manifest that shows a list of the stops in your car in the order that they are loaded in.
In other words...cooperation is not a one way street.
They can adjust the percentage of Orion. I’ve had it done many of times. It’s almost like they flip it and it’s night and day difference.

Zowert

I don’t understand why everyone hates ORION, we get paid by the hour so it’s essentially making us more money. Once I get my air off I’m following ORION, which typically turns a 9 hour day into 11 but whatever.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don’t understand why everyone hates ORION, we get paid by the hour so it’s essentially making us more money. Once I get my air off I’m following ORION, which typically turns a 9 hour day into 11 but whatever.
I dont like making multiple left turns against traffic on a busy highway.
I dont like crawling over/ fighting thru a 25 piece, HIN #1100 bulk stop until 4:00 in the afternoon. Especially when ORION has me driving right past it 6 times doing other stops.
I dont like having to bury a trampoline, 2 bunk beds, six 70 lb rolls of carpet and 5 Amazon boxes of dog food underneath fifty 48 lb. cases of wine because ORION told me to drive right by those deliveries in order to do a winery pickup at 11:00 in the morning.
I dont like having to deliver a 275 lb trampoline out the bulkhead door because ORION wants me to wait until the end of the day to deliver a RDR bulk stop that is blocking the back door.
The job is already hard enough. The forced stupidity of ORION makes it even harder.

Last edited:

soberups

How do you trim RDO back on? There is no choice on my DIAD like there was before.
Go in the office to the PDS computer.
Find your route, put the cursor on the green dot that says ORION and click it. Then click “OFF” and you are good to go.

Last edited:

soberups

They can adjust the percentage of Orion. I’ve had it done many of times. It’s almost like they flip it and it’s night and day difference.
Our job is to pound nails.
RDO is a hammer.
ODO is a rubber spatula.
“Adjusting the percentage” is essentially like putting a bunch of duct tape on the spatula.
It would be a lot simpler if they quit playing games and just gave us the damn hammer.

35years

Gravy route
Your bosses are idiots.

Our Orion plan is exactly RDO this time of year. Don't blame the tool (ODO). The boss who supplies the tool is the idiot.

They have the ability to make ODO = RDO.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Honestly I don't get why they split up one route three times to make new routes but then they leave another one completely intact. The result is that one person is going out with 500 pieces while the other leaves with 160. Everyone's time is wasted bailing out that one person in their loop.

soberups

Your bosses are idiots.

Our Orion plan is exactly RDO this time of year. Don't blame the tool (ODO). The boss who supplies the tool is the idiot.

They have the ability to make ODO = RDO.
If they did that 365 days a year they might actually be on to something.