Zuck says 22.4s gone next contract

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1633052814028.jpeg

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Why? Did it have to be full-time? Isn't it good enough to have the work done by Teamsters?

So you're just worried about yourself. Not the most sensible solution.

Keeping our pension funded with “our” work should be a huge priority of every Teamster. UPS doesn’t make pension contributions for part time hours worked in most locations except the West.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Then eliminate the PT job classification. Ever think of that? How many Union jobs have the majority of their members being PT? Could you imagine GM or Ford asking their Union if they could hire half of their production line being PT at $15/hr? Working right next to FT doing the same job.
15 an hour when a 5 pound box costs around 11 bucks to ship via ground

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Then eliminate the PT job classification. Ever think of that? How many Union jobs have the majority of their members being PT? Could you imagine GM or Ford asking their Union if they could hire half of their production line being PT at $15/hr? Working right next to FT doing the same job.
Apples and oranges....but nice try.

You can't sell a service on an assembly line like you can produce a product.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It would be very easy to get rid of the 22.4 and make sure RPCD’s do the weekend work.

Just take away the Monday- Friday work week for RPCD’s and make the scheduled work week bids for RPCD’s consist of any 5 consecutive days.

Perceived 22.4 problem solved.
You’re still gonna have the issue that the company wants some lower seniority employees with no OT protection.

although here 22.4 routinely get done at 5-6. While many full scale drivers are filing 9.5 every week

browned out

It would be very easy to get rid of the 22.4 and make sure RPCD’s do the weekend work.

Just take away the Monday- Friday work week for RPCD’s and make the scheduled work week bids for RPCD’s consist of any 5 consecutive days.

That is what should have been put in place before proposing the 22.4s. It is what many package car drivers bid on regardless of seniority. Many of us preferred working Tuesday-Saturday. I have been at UPS since 1999. I won a bid to Tues to Sat years ago. So did many other package car drivers. Then Hoffa, Hall, Verirma, H, etc. supposedly do not have the wherewithal to protect the simple, obvious, pillar of seniority? Right?

They are either incompetent or colluding with UPS. I don't think anyone could be that stupid; so it must be the latter.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

For over 3 decades starting in the 70’s the Union and the Company wanted part time positions over the full time ones:

A. The Union got on average twice or three times the Union dues with the part timers before the two tier 1982 contract.

B. The Company was saving a ton of money by not paying into the full timers pension’s trusts. Setting up a separate pension plan for the part timers that they have total control over, and paying peanuts compared to the full timers. In the 70’s thru 2000 many of the part timers were rushed off the clock at 3.5 hours reducing their future pension benefits.

C. These part times positions were set up for college kids, the plan was always to use them for 4 years then have them leave with a degree to a better and safer full time position with another company. Both the Union and the Company came to the understanding that they never wanted part timers hanging around past 5 years just to keep them from being vested in a pension plan.

D. The 1997 strike to create these 22.3 positions was a desperate attempt to create more funding for the struggling pension plans like the Central. That is why the Company tried and failed in it’s attempt to take over the pension plans controlled by the Teamsters.

The disparity of benefits between the pension plans had to be a big issue no matter who wins with this election. Right now we have members who do the same job, worked the same number of hours, same seniority that will get half the monetary benefits as others.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Well it's not a flex job like they advertised during the last contract.
Everyone that has a half a brain cell knew they was going to use those guys making a lower wage and work the living crap out of them.
They need 9 5 protection and 8-hour guarantees just like the rest of the drivers
Make sure you put in Contract suggestions to improve on the 22.4. The negotiations committee actually uses the suggestions that were officially submitted to formulate the negotiations plan of attack.

Many will complain, not many will officially submit language suggestions.

Make sure you put in Contract suggestions to improve on the 22.4. The negotiations committee actually uses the suggestions that were officially submitted to formulate the negotiations plan of attack.

Many will complain, not many will officially submit language suggestions.
Nobody suggested that we use 22.4 drivers last contract.....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes. I understand but if any negotiations are going to seek to do away with them. ( I personally am in favor of the 22.4 solution to weekend work) They are going to have to offer the company something. I think doing away with the M-Friday work week constraints for all RPCD’s might be attractive enough for the company.

Being able to schedule any RPCD for any 5 consecutive days and working them Sat and Sun at straight time might work for the company.
That’s the way it should have been from the get go.

I think people were less upset about working Saturday than they were being forced to work 6 days.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Already any five consecutive out of seven in the supplement in this neck of the woods.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Fact UPS will be operating 7 days a week.

Fact current Package Car Drivers did not want to work weekends.

Union made a commitment that would be full time teamsters that did the weekend work.

22.4 solved the problem while addressing the current Package Car Driver’s desire to not work weekends.

It is extremely important that this weekend work be done by full-time teamsters.
UPS already operates seven days a week.