Zuck says 22.4s gone next contract

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Gas prices have risen because of an improved economy. More people going to work and spending money.

People will not go to work when the government is promising a “chicken in every pot”and cradle to the grave health care. We are living in a welfare state, nobody wants to start at an entry level position and work there way up anymore.

Just came back from a local restaurant, ordered a pizza, it took an hour for it to get to our table. Some poor waitress was running around like a chicken 🐓 with her head chopped off, the table next to us left after waiting for 45 minutes. I left a good tip because I felt sorry for her, the food was crappy too.

The excuse is that they can not get enough employees to cover the work.. sure sounds familiar and this is happening nationwide, even in our neighborhood...

Last edited:

WTFm8

Amazon has night and weekend shift differentials… adds up to $3+/hr.

Many other jobs also have weekend differentials that pay more.

Then you have UPS… that is unionized… paying $6/hr less.

freehoodies

You probably dont remember covid started under trump. Biden cut the xl pipeline and canceled the oil permits on federal land thats what drove the price up. Im thinking of something nice to say but i cant think of anything
Covid started in a Chinese lvl 4 biolab with poor containment practices. Blaming anyone but the Chinese government and the people in the US who circumvented the law to fund it is purely political.

freehoodies

The minimum wage for waitresses in less than $4/hr in many states.
Federal law states that if employees make less than the federal minimum wage AFTER tips then the employer has to make up the difference.

It's been that way for a long time, people who claim waitresses make less than minimum wage haven't looked into it.

Yolo

Federal law states that if employees make less than the federal minimum wage AFTER tips then the employer has to make up the difference.

It's been that way for a long time, people who claim waitresses make less than minimum wage haven't looked into it.

Ok. So minimum wage is $5.15/hr. I can't imagine why nobody wants to wait tables for a bunch of entitled boomers.

Yolo

People will not go to work when the government is promising a “chicken in every pot”and cradle to the grave health care. We are living in a welfare state, nobody wants to start at an entry level position and work there way up anymore.

Just came back from a local restaurant, ordered a pizza, it took an hour for it to get to our table. Some poor waitress was running around like a chicken 🐓 with her head chopped off, the table next to us left after waiting for 45 minutes. I left a good tip because I felt sorry for her, the food was crappy too.

The excuse is that they can not get enough employees to cover the work.. sure sounds familiar and this is happening nationwide, even in our neighborhood...

People need to feed their children. Nobody wants to deal with a bunch of Karens. Oh no fatty had to wait 45 minutes for someone to make them a pizza. The horror.

Service workers get treated like worthless trash in the US. It's not a mystery why nobody wants to take that work.

Yolo

ex21tf15fbr71.jpg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

My son served at a high end restaurant when he was going to school, some nights he cleared 300 dollars just in tips.

The smaller independent restaurants are the ones who are suffering and going out of business.

Karma...

Amazon has night and weekend shift differentials… adds up to $3+/hr.

Many other jobs also have weekend differentials that pay more.

Then you have UPS… that is unionized… paying $6/hr less.
there is little doubt that amazons pay and benefits are to keep the union out.....must be cheaper for the company and better for the employees as evidenced by not many companies are being converted to unions these days...........question..in the RTW states what percentage of people opt to join the union ?........

FROMWESTTOEAST

I'm new here. I worked as a RPCD for 7 years out West and needed to move East. I'm now a 22.4. The 22.4 classification needs to go. Not having 9.5 protection sucks big time.