✔️ your check

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Where is the Obama Golf Report ?
He was in office for twice the number of years ,so his expenses should be much higher.
The costs for security when he first started to play , must have been huge.
Since he forced all the media following him to remain on their buses until he was done.

newfie

but this game is really for the rich!
no this game is for the middle class working towards retirement. this game is for the young people in our country who dont have jobs with retirement plans and rely on their 401k plans for their retirement. you really need to come out of mommas basement and educate yourself.

vantexan

Only if SS is your only source of income.
At full retirement age you can earn as much as you like without affecting your SS. Before that if you earn more than a set limit, about $19k currently if I remember correctly, they start taking $1 of your SS back for every $2 you make above that annual limit. Why they do this is beyond me.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
At full retirement age you can earn as much as you like without affecting your SS. Before that if you earn more than a set limit, about $19k currently if I remember correctly, they start taking $1 of your SS back for every $2 you make above that annual limit. Why they do this is beyond me.
Original conversation was regarding Income TAX, not SS income. Your SS will be taxed if your other income, including from retirement accounts, exceeds certain limits. 60% of my SS is taxed because of my pension income and because my wife still works, filing jointly.

vantexan

Original conversation was regarding Income TAX, not SS income. Your SS will be taxed if your other income, including from retirement accounts, exceeds certain limits. 60% of my SS is taxed because of my pension income and because my wife still works, filing jointly.
Well there you go. I'm never going to have to worry about exceeding income thresholds.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And BTW, that $1 reduction isn’t lost, it is held back until your earned income drops below the threshold. Your benefits are then recalculated.

One penalty that sucker-punched me was the surcharge penalty on Medicare premiums, based on taxable income. I withdrew a sizable sum from my 401k to pay down on a new house before selling my old one. I’m having to pay a 50% surcharge on those premiums for a year, until my reported income drops below the threshold. FYI

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And BTW, that $1 reduction isn’t lost, it is held back until your earned income drops below the threshold. Your benefits are then recalculated.

One penalty that sucker-punched me was the surcharge penalty on Medicare premiums, based on taxable income. I withdrew a sizable sum from my 401k to pay down on a new house before selling my old one. I’m having to pay a 50% surcharge on those premiums for a year, until my reported income drops below the threshold. FYI
1616003357456.png

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
no this game is for the middle class working towards retirement.
Tell that to those teamsters that the pension was cut in half and the 401k gone to cover the bills! and this disease come along Thanks to TRUMP got worst at the same time when the larges population in history is retiring!

Brown echo

this game is for the young people in our country who dont have jobs with retirement plans and rely on their 401k plans for their retirement.
I know you're not talking about UPS part-timers they have a ''job'' with a retirement plan and I bet you that they not even thinking to put money on the 401k because food prices are rising faster than the minimum wage. 85% UPS part-timer they are in food stamps.

vantexan

Ouch!

Brown echo

I'm not speaking to 1 percent of the workforce but they are included.
Why UPS won't match 401k for the 1 percent part-timers employees? would you be mad if they do so? I think the part-timers at UPS will appreciate the $1400 more than GOP giving to the rich!

newfie

Why UPS won't match 401k for the 1 percent part-timers employees? would you be mad if they do so? I think the part-timers at UPS will appreciate the $1400 more than GOP giving to the rich!
you're not making sense. Your union negotiates part time compensation. Did they ask for 401 k match on the last contract? part time management and admin have the match.