10 minute paid break for Drivers

UPSGUY72

Strange, the paid break is the one break you can bet on the runners taking in my center. Unpaid is usually a 50/50.

Our guys get a 20 min paid break.

I only take 5 min of my unpaid 1 hr lunch every day plus my 2 10 min breaks and I take they back to back.

Those are also the numbers I enter in the Diad. It doesn't get me more work either. What it does is get me home earlier and with the same amount of OT as if I sat around and took my full hour lunch.

Dr.Brownz

Im in the southern Region and we don't have a 10 min paid break as far as i can tell, Who here has it in your supplement and what does the Verbiage say? How can we get it into the next contract??

Thanks

Out here in the west we have three paid breaks enumerated (as well as paid breaks state laws say we have to have). 1 break after 2 hours, one during the "7th hour worked" and one more not more than 3 hours after the last break (which means usually around 6:50-7:10 I get a break depending on how long of a lunch I took)

box_beeyotch

I only take 5 min of my unpaid 1 hr lunch every day plus my 2 10 min breaks and I take they back to back.

Those are also the numbers I enter in the Diad. It doesn't get me more work either. What it does is get me home earlier and with the same amount of OT as if I sat around and took my full hour lunch.

Not necessarily. Strategically taking your lunch in the middle of the day can screw your day up, thus meaning you work longer and make more money. Either way, you get an hour. Take it.

UPSGUY72

Not necessarily. Strategically taking your lunch in the middle of the day can screw your day up, thus meaning you work longer and make more money. Either way, you get an hour. Take it.

I run Orion numbers which makes me a lot of money going in circles all day. Taking my full lunch isn't going to make me anymore money it's just mean I get home later. Since I have a hour drive before and after work I'll take a 5 min lunch sandwiched between my two 10 min paid breaks everyday until I'm instructed otherwise. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

box_beeyotch

I run Orion numbers which makes me a lot of money going in circles all day. Taking my full lunch isn't going to make me anymore money it's just mean I get home later. Since I have a hour drive before and after work I'll take a 5 min lunch sandwiched between my two 10 min paid breaks everyday until I'm instructed otherwise. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Atleast you put it in the board that way. There are guys in my building who are stupid enough to skip it and still put an hour in the board.

feeder05

to the runners and gunners…how do you get away with doing work w/o taking your lunch since no work is allowed during the time your DIAD should be on lunch. which does not allow any work.

UPSGUY72

to the runners and gunners…how do you get away with doing work w/o taking your lunch since no work is allowed during the time your DIAD should be on lunch. which does not allow any work.

In my area and most areas the DIAD doesn't shut off for lunch. So in my area depending on what building you work in you can take your full hour lunch and do nothing or take 5 minutes of unpaid lunch record it as 5 minutes and work. You just have to put something in the board so the night OMS clerk doesn't default it to 1 hr.

There is one building in my area that makes you put 1 hour lunch in your board so you have to take it or be willing to work for free. The only thing putting a 1 hours lunch in the board does is keep you off another report. These days there is so many reports that some center manager don't give a crap about that one.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Falsifying does seem a good way to get fired.

JL 0513

We're forced a full hour which stinks. Most of us would much prefer a half and get home a half hour earlier with the same pay. Our DIADS stay active during lunch. Nothing stops someone from working over the inputted lunch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DIADs are only locked out in California.

I am a runner/gunner. I take my full lunch and break but not during the contractually required times.

All it would take is for the union to request copies of delivery records and time cards for the "working through lunch" to go away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We're forced a full hour which stinks. Most of us would much prefer a half and get home a half hour earlier with the same pay. Our DIADS stay active during lunch. Nothing stops someone from working over the inputted lunch.

One hour is way too long. We have to take 45 minutes which is also a bit too long. I would also prefer 30.