100k Club

browniehound

Yep I hear you I still take the occasional day off maybe 1 or 2 a month. I'll pass 80k this year for the first time. My goal is 88-90k in 2013 I'll wait 5 years or so until I want to hit 100k don't like OT that much lol. Talking about people not working one of my friends basically asks for everyday off. Had to sell his car to keep his house from getting foreclosed on. He didn't like my advice to just show up and work everyday.

I'm not sure you should make that a goal. I'm not an accountant or tax expert, but I think (maybe) if you hit 86K it will put you in the higher tax bracket. And since your federal withholding is based on yearly earnings of less than 86k you may end up owing Uncle Sam instead of receiving an income tax refund.

Again, I'm no tax accountant and could be very wrong here.

Still, I would never want to work the OT hours to make this an issue (earning 88-90K). I have to do it in December and like the money but I'm dead to the world outside of work because I'm so tired. I can't imagine doing it the other 11 months of the year.

Then you have the few people (at least in my center) that hate working OT because they believe Uncle Sam takes too much in taxes on OT pay. I never understood this. Yes, it looks like OT pay is taxed at a higher rate but you still end up with more money no matter how high its taxed than if you worked a straight 8. AND, you clear more in each hour of OT than each hour of straight time, so this baffles me a bit.

The proverbial people who bite their nose to spite their face...

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Most likely, my two makers will be dead when I go. I prefer to worry about the living things and the things I do while I'm alive. When I'm done, I'll happily yield to the worms and the rolly-pollys. In my eyes, any idea of a god stops when my heart quits.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
How many events have you missed for your children(if you have any) due to the fact that you where working and dont have a 9-5 job?
That wouldn't change as our job isn't a 9-5 job anyways. If you are looking to make plans during the week, get a job with defined hours, this ain't it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How many events have you missed for your children(if you have any) due to the fact that you where working and dont have a 9-5 job?

I work very little overtime yet have still missed some of my kid's events. They both understood and appreciated those events that I could make.

I can recall many times (pre-GPS) taking my lunch break while watching one of their sports events.

A

anonymous6

my investments make more than I do every year. can thank Og Mandino and his books read at a very early age.