$15 an hour minimum wage.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-37.jpeg

Meanwhile at Walmart..

Minimum wage is set for an entry level job. Not a job to live off of. The one main problem with it is, they always wait a decade or more to raise it. They should put an inflation adjustment on it every year. Jus

TUT

Just saw on news today over 100,000 mcdonalds workers wearing $15 minimum wage t shirts were on strike today. Can you imagine what those workers would want if they worked here??!!?? Lol

$15 sounds right. Min wage should be you can shelter and feed yourself on a 40 hour work week. And $15 just about does that. Anything less isn't really a livable wage.

TUT

What I'm saying is a mentally challenged person with one arm and legs could work at mcdonalds. Starting off at ups is very hard and physicaly and mentally challenging and they don't get even close to that.

We'll they would get a nice kick up in pay if it ever happened.

TUT

How about the fact that places like mcdonalds and walmart hold seminars to teach there employees how to go on public assistance. Now if they payed them more money they would be able to support themselves. Now you say it's a unskilled job but in some areas there is nothing else. Walmarts move in and shut down every other business in the area. Now ppl have to go work for walmart because there's no other jobs.

Yep. There is also a law going through that makes it illegal for employers to tell employees can't talk about their wage to other employees and can't do anything about it if they do.

jaker

trolling
Yep. There is also a law going through that makes it illegal for employers to tell employees can't talk about their wage to other employees and can't do anything about it if they do.
You shouldn't want to tell another person what you make anyways so why does there need to be a law for it

TUT

You shouldn't want to tell another person what you make anyways so why does there need to be a law for it

Please be open to the idea here... This is what we have been told, probably stems from employer if we could ever find the beginning source.

However.... if we use Sports as guide, what we find is when people know what others make "if you are all that" you can then use it as leverage to state your case if you are under-paid and you should make X if someone else makes X, that does help. Players have used it to make millions more, now we are in a different stratosphere, but there is still wiggle room and payroll imbalances out there when measuring equals. Now I'm not sure this can work great for all kinds of jobs, but there are still plenty this additional leverage surely can. Employers want nothing to do with it, because it does keep wages down.

WESLA

It is what it is
You would be paying $5 for a mcdouble instead of

when I was a kid I swept floors at a machine shop,while being a " bagger" at a grocery store and working preload (3am shift) at ups till I became a ft driver. And yes , working at a fast food chain is a "gravy job". If you can't make it in real world and get a decent paying job, go flip fry's. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. But the truth hurts.
My bad. I forgot that working at ups is such an exclusive job. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The McDonald's job pays what it does because of what it is. Their employees have the same opportunities we all did and still do. If that is the limit of their drive, then that's what they get. This "living wage" BS is nauseating. I remember being homeless many years ago and now my net worth is quite healthy. I worked at McDonalds and 3 other jobs at the same time. No one ever gave me anything.

TUT

McDonalds people work hard to, imo all people's time is worth a liveable wage. Because what else is there... an unlivable wage for your time? Yeah that makes sense. And to be blunt thee last people I want to hear people shouldn't be fighting for more is Union worker's. They should fight the good fight and this is one.

JL 0513

$15/hr would be a 107% raise over the current fed min wage. I assume everyone making more than min wage in the country will also demand to get a 107% increase? Because what if you're currently making $16, $17, $20/hr...?? Right now, I'm a 2nd year driver and make $18.45/hr. It took me working my butt off until the age of 35 to make this. Do you realize how pissed me and others would be if a 16 year old at their first job at McD's immediately started at $15? There's millions of college grads that make less than $20/hr. Many of them aren't any more than $15. How would they feel?

There's a million problems that would arise from such a drastic increase but no one wants to think about the consequences.

The minimum wage is not meant to be a family supporting wage. Why is this even debated as such? It's a wage to start people off early in the workforce. Mostly kids. If you are 30 years old making minimum wage, you need to reexamine your life.

A fear wage is what people are willing to be compensated for the labor they do. They don't like min wage, no one is putting a gun to your head. Work harder in life and go further. There should be no federal mandated minimum wage. All it does is set a minimum that employees get to use. If there was no set minimum, you'd likely see higher wages as employers would be competing for better help.

My last point will be that such a drastic increase would quickly speed up inflation. Everything would have to go up, and it would go up faster than we've seen perhaps ever. Ultimately, that new shiny wage won't be worth much more than today's min wage.

If you hit the disagree button, tell me where I'm wrong.