22.3 and regular FT

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by breiandsi, Jan 17, 2014.

1. breiandsi

breiandsi New Member

I am currently a FT preloader. If I take a 22.3 job I will have to take a 6.00 or so pay cut. I was just wondering if after a year I can go back to regular FT and go right back to top rate? Also would I keep my FT seniority date no matter if I switch back and so on?

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

In this region (NE), you would be red-circled if you are part-time, and your rate is higher than 22.3. But yes, if you are FT and bid FT 22.3 you take the paycut (it's less than $6/hr here). Also, at least here, job bids are every two years and you keep your FT seniority when switching jobs.

3. breiandsi

breiandsi New Member

Thanks

Sent using BrownCafe App

4. breiandsi

breiandsi New Member

Here in western PA you keep your 22.3 job until you give it up. Inside hub jobs are bid annually here.

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I believe you are allowed 2 moves per year, so yes.

6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Is it really worth it to loose almost 6buck an hour.

7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I could see it may be worth it to go from night hours to a day job. And or less physical labor.

8. breiandsi

breiandsi New Member

Yes. Full time preload is very hard on the body.

Sent using BrownCafe App

9. breiandsi

breiandsi New Member

We can only move once a year.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10. PT Car Washer

How many more years to go?

11. breiandsi

breiandsi New Member

I would only have to move for a year or so. Then I can go back and bid a different job other than preload. Ill have enough time then.

Sent using BrownCafe App

12. PT Car Washer

If money is not an issue, then why not. If you already have your retirement years in, why beat yourself up. Yeah I know. Changing jobs is always tough. For the first week anyway. Not like this is a long turn plan. Go for it.

13. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

Fulltime preload!!? Where they do that at!?

14. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Really you get 4 more hours to load 4-5 cars in the build I'm in most of the night is passing time the hard part is the last couple of hours. It a position that some old timers that don't want to grind it out bid to. There also was a guy that weighted about 400 lbs on the FT preload. He died in his sleep one weekend had a heart attack because of his weight not the work.

15. Funfact

My building has a FT pre load they get the same pay that FT driver get..

16. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

Wow, it must be very hard to get that spot?

17. breiandsi

breiandsi New Member

Ft preload here is 6 to 8 trucks in 8 hours. If you call that easy than you must of never done it. Its the same pay as drivers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

18. PT Car Washer

What Art 22.3 jobs do you want to bid on?

19. Funfact

In My building FT preload is 4-5 cars. No never did FT pre load don't have enough seniority to win a bid. I have done PT preload in another building in my area where you load 4 cars in 3 - 4 hours. I guess I'll just have to stay a FT cover driver making $32 + hr until.

20. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Our FT time preloaders usually pre-preload a bunch of other trucks to make room in the bins for the regular preload shift. Or they may even help the sort a bit. Almost like a floater position until the regular preload starts.