2nd amendment in action

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, mix methods of death so you could exceed gun deaths. Anything else immature you want to toss out there?? How about skydiving deaths, drownings and airplane crashes. I am sure , these added to alcohol and automobile deaths would make gun deaths look alot better in your eyes.

But, how about dealing with the subject at hand.

What is YOUR number for daily deaths in this country from guns?

You tell me where your number is before you will acknowledge there is a problem with guns in this country.

TOS.

My number is 1. 1 senseless gun related death is too many.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Death is death .
One cause is as good as another .
Be it by your own hand or someone else .
It is still death .
To keep singling one cause and trying to make that the only claim stick , you are embarrassing yourself.

twoweeled

Last week, a white gunman, excersized his 2nd amendment rights and shot and killed 6 people and wounded several others. Another white angry man armed with guns decided to take out his frustrations in his life on innocent Americans.

Not a single gun owner denounces his actions.

http://fortune.com/2016/02/21/uber-kalamazoo-shooting/

TOS.
You may want to take some time and read the 2nd amendment. In a nutshell, it's the right to Keep and bear arms. No where that I have read, does it give the right to shoot innocent people. If the 2nd amendment does give the right to shoot innocent people, please quote it for us.
It also doesn't give any special rights to people of any color or temperament. Be it Angry white/black, or happy white/black. Again, if the 2nd amendment does make these statements which you claim - please quote it to us.
The population of America is upwards of 300,000,000/minimum 2,000,000 gun owners. I'm curious. How do you make the statement:
"Not a single gun owner denounces his actions"? That's amazing.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
No guns needed in my town. We dont live with violent people as neighbors. Everyone here made a decision to live in a place where we leave our garage doors open, windows open, and welcome neighbors.

The entire city is a safe place.

Unlike your towns where gun owners shoot their own families, that doesnt happen in this town.

TOS.
What utopian city is this?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You may want to take some time and read the 2nd amendment. In a nutshell, it's the right to Keep and bear arms. No where that I have read, does it give the right to shoot innocent people. If the 2nd amendment does give the right to shoot innocent people, please quote it for us.
It also doesn't give any special rights to people of any color or temperament. Be it Angry white/black, or happy white/black. Again, if the 2nd amendment does make these statements which you claim - please quote it to us.
The population of America is upwards of 300,000,000/minimum 2,000,000 gun owners. I'm curious. How do you make the statement:
"Not a single gun owner denounces his actions"? That's amazing.

Excuse me, But I have posted and defined the second amendment very clearly on this board.

ITS YOU, that needs to read it, along with the militia act of 1792 in the second congress. I know you lack the intelligence to know what I am talking about and like the others on this board, have an understanding that there is a Stand Alone sentence that sez the people have a right to possess and bear arms, but in reality, it doesnt.

Those words are contained in the second amendment, but in the middle of a greater sentence.

Nobody is saying you cant have guns, what I am trying to get you to acknowledge, is that GUNS in the wrong hands are the greatest threat to our society, and those committing the majority of gun crimes are those same law abiding gun owners who walk into gun stores and buy them everyday.

As for denouncing the shootings posted on this thread and future stories, where have YOU posted your outrage over the use of guns in those deaths??

Silence is acceptance my ignorant friend.

TOS.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
There is nothing convenient in pointing out the deaths of innocent people. There is however, convenience in saying NOTHING about the daily tragedies involving guns in this country that take the lives of men, women and children.

That convenience is simple. You dont want to "tarnish" the tool of death that has brought you comfort in your own life for whatever reason you have created for yourself.

What I would like to hear you say, is how, YOU, as a law abiding gun owner, condemn ANY and ALL acts of violence with guns and not just those of minorities in chicago.

I know its tough to knock something that you worship, but until you do, tragedies like gun violence will continue to skyrocket. Collectively, as gun owners, you have to agree that there is a certain percentage of you all that shouldnt own guns.

The numbers just bear that out.

DENYING the obvious, that guns kill people everyday is the largest problem with gun owners in general.

As for posting stories of "thwarted robberies or home invasions".. well, if those actually would happen on a regular basis it would be noteworthy. However, most of those stories are false and made up.

Like the story of the 11 year old girl who was a shotgun champion shooting two hispanic invaders while she was alone. That story was bogus, yet evey gun owner who wants to post stories like that, did do.

There are cases where a homeowner protected himself with a gun, and that should be the case. But those numbers are a drop in the bucket as compared to the number of wives, girlfriends and children killed by the male in the home with a gun.

Convenience isnt something human death involves. Raising awareness and getting you to acknowledge their is a problem is what is convenient.

Just like convincing an alcoholic or a drug addict that they have a problem.

Think about it, 19,000 gun owners shoot themselves to death every year in this country, and yet you want to claim gun owners dont have a problem? Over 11,000 are killed by guns yearly, and the majority of those are domestic homocides where a husband shoots his family members or wife does the same and yet you want to say nothing about that?

What kind of gun owner are you as compared to one of the thousands of gun owners, who like you, bought his gun for home protection only to flip a switch and kill his family instead.

What separates you from that gun owner? How do you know you are different? How can you say, that wont be you someday ?

I am sure the 19,000 gun owners every year didnt walk into a gun store believing they would ultimately kill themselves with the gun they just purchased.

What is your number? What number has to be reached before you think there is a problem?

TOS.
You know what I mean. Otherwise you're conveniently naive too. But as much as I'd love to continuously disprove your nonsense, I'd really prefer not to be a Current Events regular caught in an endless online political debate.

newfie

No guns needed in my town. We dont live with violent people as neighbors. Everyone here made a decision to live in a place where we leave our garage doors open, windows open, and welcome neighbors.

Unlike your towns where gun owners shoot their own families, that doesnt happen in this town.

TOS.

your doors may be unlocked but I'm sure your neighbors are locked up tighter then fort knox...:)

twoweeled

Excuse me, But I have posted and defined the second amendment very clearly on this board.

ITS YOU, that needs to read it, along with the militia act of 1792 in the second congress. I know you lack the intelligence to know what I am talking about and like the others on this board, have an understanding that there is a Stand Alone sentence that sez the people have a right to possess and bear arms, but in reality, it doesnt.

Those words are contained in the second amendment, but in the middle of a greater sentence.

Nobody is saying you cant have guns, what I am trying to get you to acknowledge, is that GUNS in the wrong hands are the greatest threat to our society, and those committing the majority of gun crimes are those same law abiding gun owners who walk into gun stores and buy them everyday.

As for denouncing the shootings posted on this thread and future stories, where have YOU posted your outrage over the use of guns in those deaths??

Silence is acceptance my ignorant friend.

TOS.
"You understand there is a sentence that say people have the right to bear arms. But in reality it doesn't say that"?
You not only need to read the 2nd amendment. You need to learn how to read. Then you can go to step 2, and learn to comprehend. I'm probably going to fast for you already. Just concentrate on step 1. Learn to read.
There is more contained in the 2nd amendment, that is correct. Did you reach that conclusion by counting the numerous items that looked like words?

You were not getting people to acknowledge anything. Read your own chicken scratch:

"Last week, a white gunman, excersized his 2nd amendment rights and shot and killed 6 people and wounded several others. Another white angry man armed with guns decided to take out his frustrations in his life on innocent Americans."

A white gunman shooting inocent people has NOTHING to do with the 2 nd amendment. Open a book and read it (after you learn to read). I am trying to show patience with your ignorance/stupidity, but you should know better if you have a drivers license.

Again! read your own child like scribble: (quote marks mean you wrote it).

"Not a single gun owner denounces his actions."

Not a single gun owner? Really? Are you so ignorant as to believe you know what "every single" gun owner has said, or written?

I sincerely apologize if you have an mental deficiency. Aside from that. Why on earth would you display your ignorance so blatantly for all people to see? You really open your self up to ridicule whenever you attempt to write.
I don't want to say your an idiot. But your definitely not very bright, and ill informed. Maybe you learn to read first, then give these boards a shot? Whattaya you say, buddy?

twoweeled

TOS.

LMAO!!!, you are too much! In what solar system do you reside??
upload_2016-2-27_19-52-41.jpeg

Last edited:

twoweeled

TOS.
Do you live on K-Pax? It's a good time to visit K-Pax, with oil at an all time low.
Stop-it-Im-laughing-so-hard-I-cant-stand-up.jpg

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Denying a reality doesnt make you the smarter person. In fact, it demonstrates that you have no compassion for human life in a trade off for you to possess your own weapons of death.

The numbers mean nothing to a person like you. 100 people a day could be killed in America and you wouldnt bat an eye.

As long as YOU can keep your guns, you will never join the side of the innocent victims in this country. They are meaningless to you. A bunch of faceless names in nameless towns as far as you care.

You are more concerned with HIDING these stories and "I" am more concerned with raising awareness.

You want to deny that gun owners are the problem, yet over 19,000 gun owners shoot themselves every single year in this country and that number grows expodentially each year. Maybe you will be one of those statistics someday, who knows, but then again, who cares?

TOS.
19,000 may sound like a lot. It's not. It's .00006% of the United States population.

Hardly an epidemic.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

TOS.
My town is very safe can't say there has ever been a gun related crime in the town despite the fact that every head of household must own and maintain a working firearm and ammunition in my town.

That's right there is actually a law on the books in my town that every house must have at least 1 functioning firearm with ammunition.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My town is very safe can't say there has ever been a gun related crime in the town despite the fact that every head of household must own and maintain a working firearm and ammunition in my town.

That's right there is actually a law on the books in my town that every house must have at least 1 functioning firearm with ammunition.
That doesn't sound constitutional at all, what's next, demanding everyone have health insurance.