46 year old starting out as package handler

ChrisTheBrown

Almost as fake as the NFL.
Used to entertain me, I don't watch it anymore..The risks are real, though..Guys like Steve Austin, Adam Copeland (Edge) & most recently Jason Reso (Christian) had to retire young due to life threatening injuries. I also went to a pro wrestling school in Syracuse, back when I was 20, for a few months..So I know first hand how the bumps & chops feel, taken some from a guy who was trained by the great Killer Kowalski.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I saw Andre live when I was a kid back in the days of the old AWA I believe. Wrestled Boris somebody from Russia. Probably really from Toledo.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Used to entertain me, I don't watch it anymore..The risks are real, though..Guys like Steve Austin, Adam Copeland (Edge) & most recently Jason Reso (Christian) had to retire young due to life threatening injuries. I also went to a pro wrestling school in Syracuse, back when I was 20, for a few months..So I know first hand how the bumps & chops feel, taken some from a guy who was trained by the great Killer Kowalski.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Mick Foley lives near me.....I've seen him at the supermarket a couple of times....very nice guy!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Andre the giant. King Kong bundy. Captain Lou Albano. Jimmy hart big john stud. Satirday night live main event. That was when it was awsome. Nowadays it's a joke. Washed up nobody's

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The Crusher. The High Flyers, Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzell. Baron Von Raschke. Vern Gagne. Ivan Putski. Bobby "the brain" Heenan. Wahoo McDaniel. George "scrap iron" Gadaski. Lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Nice. Heard him on radio once a while back. Heard he is not approachable by callers in. Guess it depends on mood he is in.
Well....I said hi...and shook his hand..and went on my way. I didn't ask for an autograph or snap his picture. He has his kids with him...but he was cool. I knew his father...his dad was a gym coach at my high school back in the day.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Well....I said hi...and shook his hand..and went on my way. I didn't ask for an autograph or snap his picture. He has his kids with him...but he was cool. I knew his father...his dad was a gym coach at my high school back in the day.
That's a cool way to handle it. Especially if he was with his kids. You were raised right !

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Talk about a thread derail.
The guy is 46. He remembers jyd and King Kong bundy and andre the giant. Sheesh. He is prob a troll anyway. Who the friend is gonna try to work 7/8 years part time busting there ass at 46 to try to get a full time bust your ass job starting in there mid 50's. To retire with benefits inn 80's. Come on now. This is a silly thread to start with.talking bout old time wwf is much better for this thread. Actually. Cheryl,if your here could u change name of this thread to "good old wwf days". Thanks. Lol.

watdaflock?

If I were you i would honestly try seeing how you like it first, hear me out, the works not cut out for most people, your goina be wore the hell out for around the first month, it's pretty much slave labor. So plan on trying to get as much rest as possible, I lost 30lbs doing this job in under 3 months so expect that as well.

The only reason you were wore out and lost so much weight in your first few months is because of a lack of fitness before getting hired.
Seriously, how often do you work out? imo- Not taking care of yourself is why somebody would be wore out working here.

This job shouldn't be that hard. Unfortunately I've seen plenty of younger fellas who say how hard UPS is, who've obviously never done any real work.

There are plenty of 20 somethings and 30 somethings that cant handle the job physically

Sad but true. No wonder America is so fat....

Last edited: