6:1 Ratio (Outside Hire)

Long time reader, First time poster.

What happens, when UPS decides to not use the 6:1 ratio?

Meaning, when the 7th job comes available; they give it to an inside hire.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Long time reader, First time poster.

What happens, when UPS decides to not use the 6:1 ratio?

Meaning, when the 7th job comes available; they give it to an inside hire.

They have to maintain a "minimum" of 6:1.

They can hire everyone from inside and still fulfill their contractual obligation. It is in the contract to give PTers a better chance to go FT as opposed to UPS filling the jobs from the street.

Their ratio could be 50:0. Better for the PTers.

They have to maintain a "minimum" of 6:1.

They can hire everyone from inside and still fulfill their contractual obligation. It is in the contract to give PTers a better chance to go FT as opposed to UPS filling the jobs from the street.

Their ratio could be 50:0. Better for the PTers.

Never thought about it like that. We have a guy at our center, who is wanting to go Full time. But the Company is deciding to use the 8th hire, on an outsider.

clean hairy

Unless I am missing something, 6 from the inside, #7 off the street.
Then the next 6 from current workforce before abother off the street can be hired on.
At least that is how I understand it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Unless I am missing something, 6 from the inside, #7 off the street.
Then the next 6 from current workforce before abother off the street can be hired on.
At least that is how I understand it.

Sort of, but not really.

They could do it that way, but UPS just has to fulfill the 6:1 during the life of the contract.

It is easier to do 6, then 1, but they could do 2 from the outside as long as they plan on 12 from the inside by the end of the contract.

And again, they do not have to hire anyone off the street to fulfill the contractual obligation. They can hire everyone from the inside.

It is a minimum of 6:1

So from what I read, they could actually hire like....

1: Inside
2:Outside
3:Inside
4:Inside
5:Inside
6:Inside
7:Inside

Order doesn't matter...

We're a smaller center, so I don't think we'll be hitting the 12:2 Ratio for the 2013-2018 Contract.

I'm so confused I got hired November 26th 2015 and I made the cut. Can someone explains this to a nuub I plan on staying for good and want to learn everything there is to know. I'm in temecula california thanks