710 vote results?

Atomic_Smurf

It is because they are not written to give someone a choice. They are written to undermine collective bargaining. It all cases, RTW is written to stipulate that even if you don't pay dues, the union is legally obligated to represent you. If that isn't free loading, what is?
A: Living off of the labor of others. It is the Obama way. RTW doesn't mean someone else is going to run your route while you stay in bed.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
If you advocate for RTW, how can you honestly say your not advocating members not pay dues. What do you think will happen. Lazy freeloaders will take advantage of the situation, the union won't change. What part of "vote them out" is so hard for you to understand. If you weren't anti union, you would advocate for voter education and not union busting RTW.

Atomic_Smurf

Please, just for a moment indulge me and tell me why you wouldn't include said information in your link? It seems that that would prove your point yet it is conveniently absent. Interesting isn't it.
I've tried to make this as easy as I could for you but I don't think you're even trying. All you'll need for this exercise is a pen, paper, basic math skills & knowledge of which states are RTW & which are not. Place them in separate columns & do the math. Here are the 2005-2006 & the 2013-2014 state by state union affiliation numbers. Sorry but this information doesn't exist in bumper sticker form, like most of the claims made about RTW.

Attachments

• 1424462204686.jpg
    1424462204686.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 1424462217589.jpg
    1424462217589.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 130

oldngray

nowhere special
I think the point is RTW can pressure the union to do more for its members to justify its existence instead of sitting back and complacently taking in dues.

standtall

I think the point is RTW can pressure the union to do more for its members to justify its existence instead of sitting back and complacently taking in dues.
Be careful oldngray, your retirement benefits are conditional upon the union actually still existing. RTW=less membership=continueing pension decline.

Atomic_Smurf

If you advocate for RTW, how can you honestly say your not advocating members not pay dues. What do you think will happen. Lazy freeloaders will take advantage of the situation, the union won't change. What part of "vote them out" is so hard for you to understand. If you weren't anti union, you would advocate for voter education and not union busting RTW.

As I've stated here many times before, I'm not as much an advocate of the law as I am a defender against the lies & misinformation circulated by union leaders and Democrats about it. Educating voters on the facts is critical to making the right decisions in the future & realizing who is really on our side, not union busting.

standtall

I've tried to make this as easy as I could for you but I don't think you're even trying. All you'll need for this exercise is a pen, paper, basic math skills & knowledge of which states are RTW & which are not. Place them in separate columns & do the math. Here are the 2005-2006 & the 2013-2014 state by state union affiliation numbers. Sorry but this information doesn't exist in bumper sticker form, like most of the claims made about RTW.
You truly are amazing. One worthless link after another. You have NO documentation to back up any of your right-wing bullet points that your right-wing radio hosts spew out. You have NO credibility. All false information, no facts. In short....lies. it really is unfortunate.

Atomic_Smurf

You truly are amazing. One worthless link after another. You have NO documentation to back up any of your right-wing bullet points that your right-wing radio hosts spew out. You have NO credibility. All false information, facts. In short....lies. it really is unfortunate.
Those weren't links. They were actual pages, screenshots, from the BLS.gov website that show the numbers to support the fact that RTW has not hurt union membership in this country. Sorry if you are vested in the lies & don't wish to know the truth.

Union membership has been on the decline for decades for many reasons & I'm happy to report that RTW isn't one of them.

710 steward

I don't understand why a proper RTW law can't be written.

Give people the choice to join the union. I totally believe in that choice. However they should not be treated exactly the same as dues paying members.

These folks should have to negotiate their total compensation just like those that represent us. Would any company take one person serious if they threatened to strike? How about a few thousand represented employees? It's really that simple.

Atomic_Smurf

These folks should have to negotiate their total compensation just like those that represent us. Would any company take one person serious if they threatened to strike? How about a few thousand represented employees? It's really that simple.

Again, I understand that point but if it comes to that, the union is already lost. I believe a union of workers represented by choice is by far stronger than a membership of union workers who's interests are of little concern to its unaccountable leadership. RTW is a tool of persuasion not of destruction.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You truly are amazing. One worthless link after another. You have NO documentation to back up any of your right-wing bullet points that your right-wing radio hosts spew out. You have NO credibility. All false information, no facts. In short....lies. it really is unfortunate.
He gave you links to the Bureau of Labor statistics which is run by the executive branch. A left wing administration. If you want to play ignorant it's your thing.

But why let facts get in the way of it.

standtall

As I've stated here many times before, I'm not as much an advocate of the law as I am a defender against the lies & misinformation circulated by union leaders and Democrats about it. Educating voters on the facts is critical to making the right decisions in the future & realizing who is really on our side, not union busting.
REALLY!!!! So what was this...
That's why I support RTW laws. So unhappy people can voice their disapproval by taking back their union dues.
And since you said "the union doesn't need people like you", it's a win-win.
You really need to get your story straight. You have stated many time that you support RTW. It's all documented. Isn't the truth that you hate the democratic party, in your mind you draw a direct link from democrats to unions, therefore you hate unions as much as democrats. Down with unions=damage to the democratic party. Yet you make a living from union negotiated wages and benefits. What a rough way to live. I feel very sorry for you. I'll stop giving you such a hard time, you have enough to deal with inside your own head. Sorry.

standtall

He gave you links to the Bureau of Labor statistics which is run by the executive branch. A left wing administration. If you want to play ignorant it's your thing.

But why let facts get in the way of it.
His links have NONE of the facts he claims are pertinent. All they show is the steady decline of unions since 1983, of course Reagan years. Trickle down economics. It has worked great hasn't it. And RTW is just one of it's many tools to prosperity. Attack the political party brainiacs, not the union that has helped you buy your houses and fed your family. Is the union perfect? Far from it but cut your wages by 50% and you'll appreciate the transfers a little more.

Atomic_Smurf

REALLY!!!! So what was this...

You really need to get your story straight. You have stated many time that you support RTW. It's all documented. Isn't the truth that you hate the democratic party, in your mind you draw a direct link from democrats to unions, therefore you hate unions as much as democrats. Down with unions=damage to the democratic party. Yet you make a living from union negotiated wages and benefits. What a rough way to live. I feel very sorry for you. I'll stop giving you such a hard time, you have enough to deal with inside your own head. Sorry.
The second post is from another poster. Nice investigative work there.

standtall

Those weren't links. They were actual pages, screenshots, from the BLS.gov website that show the numbers to support the fact that RTW has not hurt union membership in this country. Sorry if you are vested in the lies & don't wish to know the truth.

Union membership has been on the decline for decades for many reasons & I'm happy to report that RTW isn't one of them.
Whether pages or links, they have no bearing on your outrageous claims that RTW does not decrease union work forces. They show nothing to prove your ridiculous claims. Typical double talk. Admit it and set yourself free. Integrity is a beautiful thing. Try it on for size sometime.

standtall

The second post is from another poster. Nice investigative work there.
Sorry, I was busy doing my union job and making my union scale while I still can before jokers like you destroy the institution with your union busting Right To Work laws. I'll try to do better next time.

Atomic_Smurf

His links have NONE of the facts he claims are pertinent. All they show is the steady decline of unions since 1983, of course Reagan years. Trickle down economics. It has worked great hasn't it. And RTW is just one of it's many tools to prosperity. Attack the political party brainiacs, not the union that has helped you buy your houses and fed your family. Is the union perfect? Far from it but cut your wages by 50% and you'll appreciate the transfers a little more.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics pages that I posted show an overall decline in union membership in non-RTW states & an increase in RTW states. Anyone can see it for themselves.

Welcome to BrownCafe by the way. I find it amazing that you would claim to know what I have posted in the past considering your account was created today. You remind me of another poster who's company we've sorely missed.

Last edited:

standtall

The U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics pages that I posted show an overall decline in union membership in non-RTW states & an increase in RTW states. Anyone can see it for themselves.

Welcome to BrownCafe by the way, I see it is your first day here. You remind me of another poster who's company we've sorely missed.
I sense your sarcasm in the "sorely missed" statement. Maybe I am he, reincarnated. Have a great weekend.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Welcome to BrownCafe by the way. I find it amazing that you would claim to know what I have posted in the past considering your account was created today. You remind me of another poster who's company we've sorely missed.
I don't miss stinky.