710 Votes No - 3 to 1 margin

710 steward

That's exactly what I mean. Much like you I have made a good living working for UPS but physically the job becomes more difficult every year.

scisector9

With the Ohio rider passing today with, from my understanding, no significant changes what do you think this means for us 710 folks? I've read other places that they don't want to "reward" the supplements that have been holding out.

Anyone with more time and knowledge than myself have any thoughts?

Sent using BrownCafe App

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I think what you are trying to say here is that all parents want their children to live more prosperous lives than they did, with prosperity being more than just financial. All four of us have our college degrees yet my son and his mother will be the only two actually using theirs. Do I wish that things had worked out differently for me? Of course but the two things that I wouldn't change are my son and daughter and the two fine young adults that they have become.
My oldest is a teacher. Will she make as much as a nurse or engineer? No. The other night I mentioned the old "if you find a job you love you never have to work a day in your life." She said that's how she feels. We should all be so lucky.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
With the Ohio rider passing today with, from my understanding, no significant changes what do you think this means for us 710 folks? I've read other places that they don't want to "reward" the supplements that have been holding out.

Anyone with more time and knowledge than myself have any thoughts?

Sent using BrownCafe App
The difference is 710 isn't just a supplement. It's its own contract on its own. 710 and 705 will not hold up anyone's back pay.

710 steward

I talked with a 710 BA just the other day. Once again no new talks scheduled.

Brownslave is right. The back pay shouldn't be held up because of 710 or 705. We have our own independent contracts with UPS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I talked with a 710 BA just the other day. Once again no new talks scheduled.

Brownslave is right. The back pay shouldn't be held up because of 710 or 705. We have our own independent contracts with UPS.
I want to know how did the company or the union think there was a rats chance in hell 710 would accept what everyone else did?

710 steward

Brown

All I can tell you is the head of my local is trying his best to resell the current proposal. There is a lot of members telling 710 what changes they are looking for only for the 710 leadership to immediately say no. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard with my own ears that we aren't going to make a special contract. We have a mountain of problems in every building from drivers continually working over 9.5 to these same drivers being called in the office for being over allowed. When you call the hall about harassment all you get is talk. File a grievance and you are told to grow thicker skin by your BA. I watched this first hand. It has taken me years to get to where I am. I supported our current leadership for two decades. Unfortunately they have become lazy and arrogant and the vast majority of UPSers I know talk about a time for change in leadership. I am sure someone will rip my post to you but I am being honest with you about where our membership currently stands. Healthcare isn't the problem. It's basically everything else.

slantnosechevy

Brown

All I can tell you is the head of my local is trying his best to resell the current proposal. There is a lot of members telling 710 what changes they are looking for only for the 710 leadership to immediately say no.

Hey Gary, Why don't you come clean and tell everyone that you are not a steward anymore and that you were removed by 710 leadership for questionable conduct. Maybe you can tell them that when you weren't chosen as a delegate to the convention you turned on 710 180 degrees. Tell them how you tried to run against the current leadership and that you didn't even have the guts to show up yourself in person to nominations. Tell them how you sent a handicapped part-timer in your place. I can keep going but there's not enough space. Yes Gary, you are for real change. Its guys like you that make me glad Pat Flynn is running 710.

slantnosechevy

That's exactly what I mean. Much like you I have made a good living working for UPS but physically the job becomes more difficult every year.

Maybe you can tell everyone how you've never delivered a box. That you allegedly faked a back injury when you first started driving and found out how tough it was. That you were a porter for years and then got a combo job. That's why you cant go into feeders. Yes you have made a good living....talking the talk. Its easy to jump on the 9.5 problems. Have you read the new proposed language? Do you understand it? It will take thick skin to make it work, but many drivers like to work off the clock and make their own deals. It will work if the drivers have the balls to follow through and not expect the hall to do it for them.

710 steward

Slant

Really not sure who this Gary guy is but it might be time to think about what kind of meds you are or aren't taking. Your posts do not help yours or 710's current leadership. Calling out some person by name really not having any idea who or what is going on is not the right.way to go here. It's ok to disagree here but what you are doing currently is wrong.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Is it possible for the IBT to take over any of these Seperate contracts like 710 and 705? I say no way, trying to squash rumors in our building. Thanks

What do you mean take over? Roll them into the national?

Not a chance. With 705 and 710 the national would of went down in flames this year.

Yes, take them over, our steward was saying this, but I'm assuming he was told to sell this contract. Scaring people is a good way but clearly didn't work.
I guess you didn't notice what happened back in late 2009 to five Chicago area freight Locals (179, 301, 673, 705, and 710), their separate contracts were abolished & they were added to the NMFA.

balland chain

Thanks.. The estimate I sent off in 2013 January stated I could retire may 2014 with my 25 years.. I sent off new papers in case my injury ( out 17 months and two surgeries) would not enable me to go back and they stated I only have 23.95 years of credit if I retire May 31 of 2014.. It is short about 12 months.. I am not sure if they are not showing credit because I have been out or if they only pay for 6 months.. My calculations are that I am one year shy of 25 years.. Bummer.. I was hoping and praying I could leave.. I am not sure if I can work with this injury.. I called my BA to see if he has any answers.. Thanks for you help..