$8 to pick a package up at the center????

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
No, it's simply stating there is no charge for hold for pickup service. There is NO charge for hold for pickup service.

You could be thinking of the $7.99 charge below. The shipper selects this option at the point of shipping and must have a UPS account to be billed the $7.99. So, it's the shippers decision to ship to the Access Point and they pay the charge,

It's all in the service guide on ups.com so it's not some "hidden" fee. There is no $7.99 charge for the receiver to pay for picking up a package at an Access Point.

View attachment 470663
I know what I saw. At the time of writing this thread, I received tracking for a signature-required package en route to my house. Upon attempting the "change delivery" option and choosing to pick up at my very center's Customer Counter, I would've had to bust out a credit card and pay $7.99 to complete the change. When I called to ask what the hell that was all about, I was informed that the charge was recently implemented.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I know what I saw. At the time of writing this thread, I received tracking for a signature-required package en route to my house. Upon attempting the "change delivery" option and choosing to pick up at my very center's Customer Counter, I would've had to bust out a credit card and pay $7.99 to complete the change. When I called to ask what the hell that was all about, I was informed that the charge was recently implemented.
That’s my pension, beotch!
IMG_3581.gif

worldwide

Correct. Just what the service guide and ups.com says. A $7.99 charge for a package sent to an Access Point. A customer counter is an Access Point location. You asked to have the package redirected and since the shipper didn't pay/request it, you are responsible for it. So, the system worked as it is supposed to work, and the charge is what is stated in the service guide. You may not like the charge but it's not some surprise hidden fee.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Correct. Just what the service guide and ups.com says. A $7.99 charge for a package sent to an Access Point. A customer counter is an Access Point location. You asked to have the package redirected and since the shipper didn't pay/request it, you are responsible for it. So, the system worked as it is supposed to work, and the charge is what is stated in the service guide. You may not like the charge but it's not some surprise hidden fee.

Corporate decided to shut down or redirect our customers to these non-Union UPS locations and access points. This has been happening for years , changing manning, adjusting hours and finally shutting them all down.

They also charge for redelivers, there has been a lot of added surcharges over the last 10 years. UPS is not alone on this, USPS and Fed Ex did the same.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Ok. I don't know what your point is. At no point did I suggest it was a hidden fee.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
It is hidden since it has always been included in the price of the shipment. Just like return service when all attempts were made for delivery. Are you now saying that we will keep the package until the shipper pays to have it returned to them. We are starting to sound more like a collection agency instead of a delivery service.