80 more mechanic layoffs

airbusfxr

SAA was on FOX news today and guess what, the number 1 vendor for UPS has plane mechanics that cannot read or write English. All the manuals (well airbus kinda) are written in English, and how can the plane be fixed if the mechanic cannot understand the manual? A former FAA Inspector broke the case of mechanics having A&P tickets BUT unable to read or write English, which is part of FAR 65. The sad part of the story is after these people work on our aircraft the plane start flying revenue for us and if something breaks or becomes undone, then it is up to UPSCO line mechanics to find and repair. No wonder planes out of heavy check have so many "bugs" to work out.

Air Hub

Here are the affected gateways for UPS' current layoff of mechanics.

CLT = 1 Ft 1Pt
EWR = 7 Ft 1 utility
Koa = 1 Pt
LAS = 1 Ft (going to add a Pt in this station)
MCO = 7 Ft
MKE = 2 Ft
MSP = 1 Ft
ONT = 7 Ft
PHL = 8 FT 1 Utlity
PIT = 2 Ft
RIC = 1 Ft
ROA = 1 Ft
RSW = 1 Ft
SDF = 45 ft
SDF Breakdown:
11 Next Day Air
4 Second Day Air
22 Weekends
2 Wheel and Brake shop (utilities)
2 Quality Control
2 Tech Pubs
2 Engine Condition Monitoring

86 Total layoff this round.

Unreal

Can a full time Mechanic drop back to part time... then bid a full time slot later down the road???

Was thinking about the LAS mech taking the PT NEW opening

dragracer66

Funny....At the airhub I work at I haven't seen any aircraft maintence guys layed off. I still see the same 2 guys who sleep under the MD-11's wing. The same 4 guys who kick the hackysack around for 1-2 hrs a day. Oh and also there's the one guy who uses his pickup with the scissor lift in the back as his own personal gym!!! Please don't lay these guys off where would they sleep? Where would they play hackysack? And now with these lay offs the other guy will have to join a gym, but how can he afford that if he is layed off????

ups767mech

Funny....At the airhub I work at I haven't seen any aircraft maintence guys layed off. I still see the same 2 guys who sleep under the MD-11's wing. The same 4 guys who kick the hackysack around for 1-2 hrs a day. Oh and also there's the one guy who uses his pickup with the scissor lift in the back as his own personal gym!!! Please don't lay these guys off where would they sleep? Where would they play hackysack? And now with these lay offs the other guy will have to join a gym, but how can he afford that if he is layed off????

What gateway do you work at?

unionman

Hoaxster... I swear you are the BEST!!!!:peaceful:
Hey chucky cheese, why are you ratting out your fellow union brothers? Do you not get what we are saying? They are farming out all of our work to CHINA! They don't want us working on there aircraft like an airline. They want just enough mechanics to satisfy the FAA, who forced them into the airline business.
Well this is about to blow up in there face, they can't just run a virtual airline with mechanics that are there just to hold the pilots hand when the plane leaves. Especially when you have planes coming out of these chop shops with work done by some illegal immigrant that forgot to put all the bolts back in the part that made that Airbus almost run off the runway.

Guys I do not think the public will care - and as far as UPS see it they are doing more with less cause in the end it is all about the bottom line both foreign and domestic

unionman

Guys I do not think the public will care - and as far as UPS see it they are doing more with less cause in the end it is all about the bottom line both foreign and domestic
Thats the problem with this country, when does it end? The middle class is just about wiped out and all in the name of profits. And the worst part about our struggle is that we could do it faster, better, and cheaper than any 10 year old boy in china.

Thats the problem with this country, when does it end? The middle class is just about wiped out and all in the name of profits. And the worst part about our struggle is that we could do it faster, better, and cheaper than any 10 year old boy in china.

All in the name of profits? You are treating the word profit as if it were some dirty word. When was the last time you collected a check from a company that was broke. And please address your comment about doing the job cheaper. What do you get paid per hour compared to your counterparts...not only in China.

unionman

All in the name of profits? You are treating the word profit as if it were some dirty word. When was the last time you collected a check from a company that was broke. And please address your comment about doing the job cheaper. What do you get paid per hour compared to your counterparts...not only in China.
where have you been? This country is up side down because of "PROFITS". People are just about ready to start a revolution because of companies and the government selling them out to third world countries that don't play by the rules.
Where can I go to ponzi scheme school, I think I will try that as my state sponsored retraining.

where have you been? This country is up side down because of "PROFITS". People are just about ready to start a revolution because of companies and the government selling them out to third world countries that don't play by the rules.
Where can I go to ponzi scheme school, I think I will try that as my state sponsored retraining.

Instead of a speech...I would like to have your answers to the questions I posed.

unionman

No you don't have to explain yourself to me or anyone else. But, the point is that when you make a statement...you had better be prepared to back that statement up with facts!!!!!
The fact is you can't compete with a communist country that pays its workers pennies on the dollar using children in factories. Why don't you explain to me why you think UPS should be allowed to farm my job out to this country, a country that does not have to have FAA inspections, drug tests, or an A&P license.