A call for posting integrity

There is a report button for a reason, if you see a post that you think crosses the line please let us know. Don't just assume that the mods have seen it and chosen not to do anything about it. Most days I work at least 10 hours in addition to which I have a life and other interests, I think the other mods are no different. Even though I check this site every day I have neither the time not the inclination to read every post in every thread. I can guarantee you that if you report a post it will be checked out by the mods and a decision will be made.
+1 these mods dont get paid for this and maybe we could all grow up and quit with all the bull $h|+. Blaming the mods is kind of stupid if grown ups can't act like adults on this free site that we all enjoy and be thankful someone works hard to keep it here for us. Think about it.

tieguy

Banned
Commandment #13: Claim victory no matter what. Even if all you're really done is prove yourself a D-bag.

There is a report button for a reason, if you see a post that you think crosses the line please let us know. Don't just assume that the mods have seen it and chosen not to do anything about it. Most days I work at least 10 hours in addition to which I have a life and other interests, I think the other mods are no different. Even though I check this site every day I have neither the time not the inclination to read every post in every thread. I can guarantee you that if you report a post it will be checked out by the mods and a decision will be made.

Jones what you say sounds good, the only problem is you had to read through flames to get to 804's thread and give us the standard "report the flame" response.
I have attached it to your quote to refresh your memory.
why is bbsam constantly allowed to get away with these shots? I have the guy on ignore yet he goes out of his way to flame me and you guys let him get away with it. what else am I supposed to do to get you to apply the same level of enforcement towards him that you do to me?

Bubbles has been flaming and stalking me here for years. I have him on ignore yet he keeps doing it and you guys keep letting him get away with it. What else am I supposed to do to honor the ideals of TOS when I routinely go out of my way to ignore these guys and they still flame me?

In this thread you had the opportunity to discover bbsams flame yet you somehow missed it. You didnt miss a single one of my posts though did you?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'll just repeat what I said about using the report button. If you're not willing to report a post, then don't complain that the mods didn't do anything about it. Despite what you may think, I doubt I've even read half of your posts or anyone else's.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Jones what you say sounds good, the only problem is you had to read through flames to get to 804's thread and give us the standard "report the flame" response.
I have attached it to your quote to refresh your memory.
why is bbsam constantly allowed to get away with these shots? I have the guy on ignore yet he goes out of his way to flame me and you guys let him get away with it. what else am I supposed to do to get you to apply the same level of enforcement towards him that you do to me?

Bubbles has been flaming and stalking me here for years. I have him on ignore yet he keeps doing it and you guys keep letting him get away with it. What else am I supposed to do to honor the ideals of TOS when I routinely go out of my way to ignore these guys and they still flame me?

In this thread you had the opportunity to discover bbsams flame yet you somehow missed it. You didnt miss a single one of my posts though did you?

Stalking???
Do you hear yourself???
I don't have you on ignore.
I don't owe it to you to reciprocate by putting you on ignore.
I enjoy blowing up your ridiculous posts.
You are everywhere on this site and post around the clock.
Nobody has to stalk you here to know your body of work.
I have flamed you once, actually it was your wife I flamed in reference to something somebody else posted, and I was reprimanded for it.
Anything else that comes close to a flame is when I use your own words against you.
Maybe that's why I "get away with it".
Again I state that I cant help but be impressed, or confused, at Tie's persistence in the face of such perceived persecution and injustice.
Most people would just take their ball and go home.

tieguy

Banned
case in point this guy is hovering on this site waiting for a post of mine and is on here responding within minutes no matter the time of day.

Jones I'm reporting him here and now for being a flaming stalker . let us know what you're going to do about it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
case in point this guy is hovering on this site waiting for a post of mine and is on here responding within minutes no matter the time of day.

Jones I'm reporting him here and now for being a flaming stalker . let us know what you're going to do about it.

Guess I'm not on ignore after all?
I think Tie's new ignore technology is one of those "That Was Easy" buttons from Office Depot.
Jones, where is the flame in that post?
Tie make sure to keep your head back away from the computer, the tears aren't good for the electronics.

[video=youtube;3YmMNpbFjp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YmMNpbFjp0[/video]

tieguy

Banned
I'll just repeat what I said about using the report button. If you're not willing to report a post, then don't complain that the mods didn't do anything about it. Despite what you may think, I doubt I've even read half of your posts or anyone else's.

the issue was I tripped through numerous flames to get to the point where I made my post that you sent me that nice warning on. Hell I had some of the flames attached to that post but yet somehow mysteriously I got the warning. the posts you deleted at least 7 times did not flame and did not violate TOS and instead asked that we strengthened the articles of TOS here.
If you're going to delete posts then you have to use the same benchmark. Delete the posts of the guys you like as much as the ones you dont like.

In any case I'm done with it.

curiousbrain

Guess I'm not on ignore after all?
I think Tie's new ignore technology is one of those "That Was Easy" buttons from Office Depot.
Jones, where is the flame in that post?
Tie make sure to keep your head back away from the computer, the tears aren't good for the electronics.

Do you have to constantly antagonize him? Just because you can respond doesn't mean you have to - something I have to consistently remind myself of, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

local804

+1 these mods dont get paid for this and maybe we could all grow up and quit with all the bull $h|+. Blaming the mods is kind of stupid if grown ups can't act like adults on this free site that we all enjoy and be thankful someone works hard to keep it here for us. Think about it.

Now go back and re read the post and tell me where I blame the mod in the actions that happen. I just said that we have a TOS and if it were followed, the thread would still be active. I am very curious on what happens to Crash, he is not only a browncafe member, but one of my Local804 brothers and with out this site, I would not know crap about it. When I crossed the line years ago, probabaly going at it against tie, my ass was almost kicked off this site. We have rules that need to be followed and enforced.

Jones, you mean to tell me not 1 person hit the report button during that thread?
It has been moderated plenty of times and even comments added by mods, not an attack on you, just a comment on the tos.

local804

No one reported anything in that thread. Seeing you were so concerned Local804, why didn't you?

If they were directed at me, you bet your ass I would have. My question instead of having a mod squad attacking me now, follow the tos rules and do what you have to do.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Now go back and re read the post and tell me where I blame the mod in the actions that happen. I just said that we have a TOS and if it were followed, the thread would still be active. I am very curious on what happens to Crash, he is not only a browncafe member, but one of my Local804 brothers and with out this site, I would not know crap about it. When I crossed the line years ago, probabaly going at it against tie, my ass was almost kicked off this site. We have rules that need to be followed and enforced.

Jones, you mean to tell me not 1 person hit the report button during that thread?
It has been moderated plenty of times and even comments added by mods, not an attack on you, just a comment on the tos.

No one reported anything in that thread. Seeing you were so concerned Local804, why didn't you?
Actually some posts did get reported in that thread, and they were dealt with. Cheryl deleted some of the posts herself. And that's the point I was making. If you see a post that you think crosses the line, report it. btw, who do you think reported the posts in that thread?

Sorry 804 I didn't mean it toward you it was for every member.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why would anyone report a post or neg rep anyone? Who the hell cares.

Certainly not me--------never have-never will. I have positive rept people but to be honest I don't even see why there is an option for that. Its just a website on the internet---something to have a little fun with.