Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPSCAREER, Jul 26, 2012.

UPSCAREER New Member

I worked couple times as a driver helper and now working at UPS Freight doing dock-work. I have finished college this summer with my aa degree and now deciding what to do and need help. I really want to advance in UPS/UPSF and even have told my manager and supervisor (many times)- seems to me like they don't care. I dont want to go into management or become a driver. I asked what other positions there are and they keep in saying "there are many positions" but will not be more specific then that. I plan on getting married in two years and dont want to waste my time. I need to support my future family. I keep talking to them and checking the website couple times a days for job openings and nothing is coming up.

How much time do you think I should give before excelling?

I check fed-ex website and they have a lot more opportunities. Even though their dockworkers get paid $14 start, makes me really think is it worth to work for $10.50 an hour and then at the end have no career opportunity with UPS/UPSF.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

If your looking for people who give a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: about you then your at the wrong company.
  3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Use your degree somewhere else. There are plenty of other places with a more positive atmosphere.
  4. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

5. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

? The character from Dora the Explorer?
  6. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Go to UPSers.com.
    Search word...MCO
  7. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I know what it stands for I'm just being goofy.
  8. htown0721

htown0721 Guest

An AA will not get you anywhere, go for your BA and look into tuition reimbursment
  9. btrlov

btrlov Member

Yes an Associates w/o experience is a complete waste of time in the private sector.U might slide with a nursing or health related associates, anything else will limit you severely. Continue your schooling to bachelor level program in a USEFUL major. UPS MCO points to a demand for Computer Science, Engineering, and Business related degrees. It cant hurt to go through MAPP and decide if you would take p/t sup or stay union. I doubt they will let you go FT sup portion mapp now. Consider joining national guard or reserve or auxiliary unit or volunteer Fire firefighter, exhaust your civil service test/opportunities and worse come to worse don't hesitate to take low wage 2nd job.