Advice: Part Time to Full Time

BlackCoffee

I'd like to be a full time air driver. The problem is I must learn how to drive standard transmission (even though my hub has no standard transmission air driver vehicles).

My question is should I learn stick first OR apply to go full time and learn stick in the meantime.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'd like to be a full time air driver. The problem is I must learn how to drive standard transmission (even though my hub has no standard transmission air driver vehicles).

My question is should I learn stick first OR apply to go full time and learn stick in the meantime.

Go take a test drive in a Mustang GT-350.

You'll catch on real quick.

BlackCoffee

Go take a test drive in a Mustang GT-350.

You'll catch on real quick.

Do you answer any question seriously? I'm looking for advice.

Why don't you go into the Non-UPS discussions here where your insecurities will be more accepted and less obvious to others.

BlackCoffee

I like this guy!

To your question----are you sure that you are required to know how to drive a manual?

Two people told me you need to be able to drive manual.

The odd thing is that at my hub there are no manual air driver trucks.

On a side note they are down to about 10 percent package car driver trucks that are manual.

As usual UPS has me a little confused and flustered.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On a side note they are down to about 10 percent package car driver trucks that are manual.

Have you spoken with anyone who actually has the authority to answer your question?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Do you answer any question seriously? I'm looking for advice.

Why don't you go into the Non-UPS discussions here where your insecurities will be more accepted and less obvious to others.

Well, sonny, if you must learn, then you must learn. Why do you think only automatics are available for Saturday air? What would you do if you came in for work and only manuals were available?

BTW, I'm very secure in who I am and if you ask a serious question, I'll give a serious answer. Insecurity is asking questions of a bunch of strangers on the internet instead of asking locally and in person.

BlackCoffee

Well, sonny, if you must learn, then you must learn. Why do you think only automatics are available for Saturday air? What would you do if you came in for work and only manuals were available?

BTW, I'm very secure in who I am and if you ask a serious question, I'll give a serious answer. Insecurity is asking questions of a bunch of strangers on the internet instead of asking locally and in person.

OK, gramps :-)

o_O

I asked a serious question. I need advice. Couldn't get more serious. Work on your comprehension skills and we will talk some more down the road. ;)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If you can't drive a stick might as well turn in your man card

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
OK, gramps :-)

o_O

I asked a serious question. I need advice. Couldn't get more serious. Work on your comprehension skills and we will talk some more down the road. ;)

Gramps? Yeah, I am a grandfather. As a matter of fact, a new granddaughter entered this world two weeks ago today.

You stated in your first post that you 'must' learn to drive standard. My comprehension skills indicate to me that you probably should go out and learn.

As for a full-time air driving job, that sounds pretty damned desirable to me. Unless you've been around for twenty or more years, good luck, sonny.

Gramps? Yeah, I am a grandfather. As a matter of fact, a new granddaughter entered this world two weeks ago today.

You stated in your first post that you 'must' learn to drive standard. My comprehension skills indicate to me that you probably should go out and learn.

As for a full-time air driving job, that sounds pretty damned desirable to me. Unless you've been around for twenty or more years, good luck, sonny.
I want one

BlackCoffee

So is someone going to actually answer the question?

My question is should I learn stick first OR apply to go full time and learn stick in the meantime?