Alright guys, need your advice fedex home delivery

Bankrupt

Every route is different. The numbers you posted don't mention route density, rural or city. There are so many variables you are not aware of. I don't know where you came up with $15 an hour when you are paid by stop and package. If it takes you 1 hour to del 1 stop with one package, guess what? You get paid a whopping 80 cents for that stop. Get it?
he was claiming 15sph I guess they told him that what he should expect to avg once he gets the rte down. That's a pretty high pace for a ground rte. The ground guy in my area covers 2 1/2 the are of my express rte and does less than 100 stops a day. He gets 550 a week from his contractor and avg 50 plus hrs a week. He bugs me about getting on at express every time I see him. He interviewed for a pup rte once but never got the call.

tropolis

Every route is different. The numbers you posted don't mention route density, rural or city. There are so many variables you are not aware of. I don't know where you came up with $15 an hour when you are paid by stop and package. If it takes you 1 hour to del 1 stop with one package, guess what? You get paid a whopping 80 cents for that stop. Get it?

I meant 15 stops per hour. 15 stops on a residential city route. I know the area where I would deliver. It's all clumped together. The printed route sheet had 110 stops in a 42 mile radius, which included directions from HQ to the first stop, which is by itself 12 miles. So its 110 stops in a 30 mile radius. Recruiter was saying some guys average 20 stops an hour. I don't see how you could not do 15 stops in 1 hr when everything is boom boom boom right by each other.

This is home delivery. Drop the package at the door and go.

tropolis

Keep thinking that when UPS drivers are making triple what you would at ground with excellent health and pension benefits.

Yeah, start from the bottom, work 20 years sorting packages and maybe get a driver gig. Not my cup of tea. Fedex is not what I want to do for the rest of my life. Driving isn't even what I want to do. This would just be a job for the moment.

I am keeping options open like Bankrupt said.

overflowed

People are trying to give you advice but seems you've made up your mind. My advice is go reread post # 11, and when you're done go read it again. Things are not what they seem tropolis.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
sorry to say it but ur an idiot, I'm UPS and a teamster and will make 90 grand this year. Full pkg with medical, dental 30 year pension. go make ur .10 a pkg and enjoy ur sad non-union existence

tropolis

sorry to say it but ur an idiot, I'm UPS and a teamster and will make 90 grand this year. Full pkg with medical, dental 30 year pension. go make ur .10 a pkg and enjoy ur sad non-union existence

Im interested in what fedex people say, not ups. Could care less about your salary and benefits.

MAKAVELI

Ok, lets just say you finish in 9 hours. That's $108 divided by 9 hours = $12 an hour. The kids at In And Out make more than that.

tropolis

People are trying to give you advice but seems you've made up your mind. My advice is go reread post # 11, and when you're done go read it again. Things are not what they seem tropolis.

It's definently a legit opinion that has crossed my mind. After thinking about it more I will not go tomorrow. I have seen too many horror stories not from only this site, but others and I don't need this job.
I tried to reason myself out of not believing the consensus, but I cannot.

StuffItFred

You seem to have the perfect attitude for a Ground driver. Go ahead and take the job and make $30,000/yr. You will LOVE it. It is the best job ever and the pay is fantastic! Fedex cares about its employees and the bonus is a major plus! :bsbullf::bsbullf:

Anyone else find it pathetic they are paying goons $20 for just showing up?

Brokedownandbrown

The question you have to ask yourself if the job is so good why are they replacing others? The job is very demanding and will need to keep daily records to insure correct pay. Without insurance and no vacations will make this a horrible opportunity with no chance for advancement. Unless you are desperate and need a job now, look in a different direction.

HomeDelivery

Anyone else find it pathetic they are paying goons $20 for just showing up?

that's better than some who aren't paid to load / sort their own parcels into the vehicles... i'm getting double that with my current contractor without that base pay of just showing up in the hub

--------------------------------------------

that contractor sucks with those figures & glad you got your head out of the clouds to see it. some of these contractors are just crunching the numbers to keep you close or just slightly above minimum wage... they just want a warm body to fill that spot for peak season.

worse comes to worse, stay as an hourly-paid temp employee if you want a stepping-stone job. I bet you'll earn more than what that contractor offered. you'll be driving around the parcels that the regular contracted driver can't fit in his/her vehicle. some drivers will zone out the bad parts of their routes & give it to the temps. those stops that take 10-30 minutes apart from each other or other rural & hard-to-deliver to areas.

I'm about to make the switch again & jump ship from my contractor since i crunched the numbers and can net more this way until x-mas rolls around.

That is if you're already through the screening process (DOT health check & work history done). You've now have a DOT card to use for the next 2 years. if you didn't go through the process yet, then think about team brown...

around my local area, the brown temp drivers get ~$3 more per hour than the purple temp drivers & if you have the ability to drive a standard transmission, you're already ahead of the game if you go temp-driving for brown. I don't think it matters because those temps are driving rental Uhaul box trucks with auto transmissions.

tropolis

Yeah, I think thats the smart move. I do have a DOT card valid thru 2015, not thru Fedex. Nothing is set with Fedex, they just did a walkthrough and an interview. Didn't fill out any application or anything. Will call the guy tomorrow and explain my reasoning.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Believe me, the negativity amongst us towards FedEx is not "built in" - it was earned.
I nominate this for post of the month.

Everyone I'm sure started at FedEx (or most of all Fedearal Express) with a great attitude only it kept getting squashed by management, upper management and most of all from Fred. The damage they've caused to morale is pretty much unrepairable.

Happy now Fred?

thedownhillEXPRESS

I nominate this for post of the month.

Everyone I'm sure started at FedEx (or most of all Fedearal Express) with a great attitude only it kept getting squashed by management, upper management and most of all from Fred. The damage they've caused to morale is pretty much unrepairable.

Happy now Fred?

Its a shame too, they could have taken the moral high ground and continued to reward their loyal employees for hard honest work.Instead they took the tea party line easy way out and blamed us working poor for everything while whoring themselves out to record profits and stock options.
​they'll burn in hell if their is one

STFXG

Here's some real advice from someone other than a jaded express box monkey....

That pay structure can leave you high and dry if the volume isn't there. He can decide to add another truck and take some of your volume. Make sure you are given a minimum guaranteed stop amount or a minimum DAILY pay.

And 110 stops with 40 miles can be easily done in an 8 hour day with an HD route. If you really push it you can probably knock it out in 6 hours.