Amazon exclusively going to UPS?

wayfair

swollen member
09e9e45a8bdc437fbea7620032c58135.jpg

Honestly, when I order something, I want my cute-as-a-button UPS man or at least my nice mail lady delivering it. Not some perv greasy stranger and possible criminal in a roach-infested Chevy Cavalier.

Foamer Pyle

Amazon is building their own transportation industry, and will soon be competing directly with UPS, the Post Office, and Federal Express, saving Amazon over $1Billion in shipping costs.

HollandMan73

Ups,Fedex and USPS better wake up....Amazon is going to try and compete with us.....they need to be smacked down hard! If the big 3 got together and put the screws to Amazon now(while we still can) Amazon would cancel any plans of building out their shipping network. Right now, Amazon HAS to use Ups,Fedex,Usps to survive.....best to keep it that way.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ups,Fedex and USPS better wake up....Amazon is going to try and compete with us.....they need to be smacked down hard! If the big 3 got together and put the screws to Amazon now(while we still can) Amazon would cancel any plans of building out their shipping network. Right now, Amazon HAS to use Ups,Fedex,Usps to survive.....best to keep it that way.
Amazon is trying to get into anything and everything right now....it's actually a little scary and you and I are the ones paying for it when we try to save 2.00 for paper towels or ordering that made in China selfie stick for 4.00....Amazon is cashing in on Americans obsession with stuff and our other attribute...being lazy as friend..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yep it sounds like they just don't want to create their own fleet for their own goods but to warehouse other companies stuff= ups supply chain , and then deliver their things also= ups package delivery...bezos is a nut job who thinks very big even if he does or doesn't have the money...hell hes poaching people from supply chain companies and folks from ups and fedex...what does that tell you... And all ups is worried about is writing up an employee for using the bathroom for too long or for not grabbing a handrail ....priorities!!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yep it sounds like they just don't want to create their own fleet for their own goods but to warehouse other companies stuff= ups supply chain , and then deliver their things also= ups package delivery...bezos is a nut job who thinks very big even if he does or doesn't have the money...hell hes poaching people from supply chain companies and folks from ups and fedex...what does that tell you... And all ups is worried about is writing up an employee for using the bathroom for too long or for not grabbing a handrail ....priorities!!

Do you think retailers in direct or indirect competition with Amazon are going to hand over vital customer data and logistics to their competition??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Do you think retailers in direct or indirect competition with Amazon are going to hand over vital customer data and logistics to their competition??
If you can't beat em' join em'...if you asked any ups Mgr 20 years ago if we would be giving the post office our volume they would say no way, you're crazy...well???

margaritaville

I wonder whats harder UPS creating an online store + warehouse similar to amazon that provides free shipping to members VS. amazon creating a shipping network. I feel like ups would have it easier to create that but amazon has more money/power.