Amazon exclusively going to UPS?

Foamer Pyle

If Amazon is able to get a delivery company up and running, UPS will be shedding jobs faster my dog shed hair. They will be so cheap, that people won't care if it takes a day or two longer in transit, especially when we are leaving people's packages at access points. I bet Amazon is about 50% of the way in making this happen.

klein

Für Meno :)
Try shopping amazon! It's amazing the deals they have and how they can even offer free shipping!!
I recently purchased 24 cans of V8 juice , for $12 the whole flat.
Or pubstyle chunky Campbells soup for under $1.50 per can by odering 24 of them.
Getting my 4.09 ltr of Tide (free & clear kind - 66 loads) for $5.00 deliverd to my door Tuesday.
I don't know how the shipping companies earn anything!

Foamer Pyle

Try shopping amazon! It's amazing the deals they have and how they can even offer free shipping!!
I recently purchased 24 cans of V8 juice , for $12 the whole flat.
Or pubstyle chunky Campbells soup for under $1.50 per can by odering 24 of them.
Getting my 4.09 ltr of Tide (free & clear kind - 66 loads) for $5.00 deliverd to my door Tuesday.
I don't know how the shipping companies earn anything!
I prefer to shop Costco.

klein

I prefer to shop Costco.
I can't get a flat of 12 cans of regular Campbells soups here for $4.00 at Costco.
Maybe once every few months on sale for that price at other major grocery stores.
I'm stocked up (mushroom, tomato & chicken noodle)
Free delivery at $4 per case !
I rather save from home , spend no gas money , nor any time.
I even order my bread flour there.
Cheaper & deliverd !

I wonder whats harder UPS creating an online store + warehouse similar to amazon that provides free shipping to members VS. amazon creating a shipping network. I feel like ups would have it easier to create that but amazon has more money/power.
My hubby said that too, but how bass ackward UPS does so many things, I just couldn't see it working.

klein

My hubby said that too, but how bass ackward UPS does so many things, I just couldn't see it working.
I'm sitting here and waiting for my 10lb delivery of Tide from Amazon.
$5.00 & free UPS delivery.
Can't see Amazon taking it over.
Not as long as UPS does it for next to nothing (just to get volumes up) !

klein

You really are clueless.
Well , you go ahead and ship 10lbs of goods within 2 days for of Tide laundry detergent for $5.00 in total with the content.
Maybe I am clueless and don't know any shippers that actually deliver 10lb packages under a dollar?
A postage stamp here is now a buck!

klein

Atleast you just reminded me that I need tassimo coffee.
Will place my amazon order now.
It's cheaper than at the store and I'll get it in 2 days.

klein

Whoowho ! Tassimo 16 disc packs on sale for $5.97 Canadian!
Just bought 4.
They are usually around the $10 mark at our grocery stores.
Now just over $US 4.oo!
Free 2 day delivery!
Loving it !

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I can't get a flat of 12 cans of regular Campbells soups here for $4.00 at Costco.
Maybe once every few months on sale for that price at other major grocery stores.
I'm stocked up (mushroom, tomato & chicken noodle)
Free delivery at $4 per case !
I rather save from home , spend no gas money , nor any time.
I even order my bread flour there.
Cheaper & deliverd !

I'm sitting here and waiting for my 10lb delivery of Tide from Amazon.
$5.00 & free UPS delivery.
Can't see Amazon taking it over.
Not as long as UPS does it for next to nothing (just to get volumes up) !

Well , you go ahead and ship 10lbs of goods within 2 days for of Tide laundry detergent for $5.00 in total with the content.
Maybe I am clueless and don't know any shippers that actually deliver 10lb packages under a dollar?
A postage stamp here is now a buck!

Atleast you just reminded me that I need tassimo coffee.
Will place my amazon order now.
It's cheaper than at the store and I'll get it in 2 days.

Whoowho ! Tassimo 16 disc packs on sale for $5.97 Canadian!
Just bought 4.
They are usually around the $10 mark at our grocery stores.
Now just over $US 4.oo!
Free 2 day delivery!
Loving it !
Wow! It says here nobody gives a damn.

Ghost in the Darkness

I hate to say it but Fedex might be smart pulling out of amazon. They already can offer cheaper shipping than we do. They go hard after other shippers and invest in them. What happens when amazon cuts our throats and either starts their own delivery or gets disgruntled and moves off of UPS? I look at it like putting your eggs all in 1 basket... bad news if something goes sour.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I hate to say it but Fedex might be smart pulling out of amazon. They already can offer cheaper shipping than we do. They go hard after other shippers and invest in them. What happens when amazon cuts our throats and either starts their own delivery or gets disgruntled and moves off of UPS? I look at it like putting your eggs all in 1 basket... bad news if something goes sour.

You do realize that Amazon is less than 2% of our revenue and less than .01% of our profit?

I don't want to see Amazon go, because there will be jobs lost, but UPS as a company will be just fine without Amazon. Just like they were just fine, making billions per year, before Amazon even existed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You do realize that Amazon is less than 2% of our revenue and less than .01% of our profit?

I don't want to see Amazon go, because there will be jobs lost, but UPS as a company will be just fine without Amazon. Just like they were just fine, making billions per year, before Amazon even existed.

We have been told that Amazon is between 7-9% of our volume so, yeah, the hit would be substantial.

Foamer Pyle

Amazon has already begun to build its own delivery network, and it's not just to deliver their own stuff. They will be directly competing with everyone else in the delivery business.