And these pieces of garbage refused to stand with UPS Freight.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Which teamsters that you represented for your stint as BA are "men"? The ones that arent women or the ones that catered to your local and neighboring cronies fighting for power in glass houses? Please enlighten us to who are "men"...not that your or anyone's rendition is substantiated on here.
How 'bout the ones that work a day a week on fmla are men? The ones that flip upon regime change are men? The ones that cover for really weak representation are men because they wear the right color vest?
I think that I know but help us out.

Why do you keep changing screen names ?

You are like on number 4 or 5.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hoffa had choices. The IBT Constitution is like law, it's an interpretation. He decided it was best to push the contract on the very people who voted it down. It is very clear what he could and should have done.

The General President has the right to interpret the constitution.

He does so with the advice of the GEB and the IBT attorneys.

Only 22% of the UPS members voted in the strike authorization vote.

They sealed their own fate.... and proved they weren't willing to walk.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Would it be legal to force a member to participate in the strike vote in order to receive a ratification ballot?

It sucks to have members cast a majority vote only to be disregarded.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Would it be legal to force a member to participate in the strike vote in order to receive a ratification ballot ?

Absolutely not.

That's the problem. The majority didn't vote.

The strike vote was a "feeler gauge" in ascertaining the support of a strike.

It wasn't there. Even in "97" when member support was high, people still crossed.

Do you think, the drivers that park their $70k truck and $50k bass boat at work

are voting no.... Or, are voting voting at all ?

Any "ride" by a supervisor, is an "exploratory" mission.

People run their mouth.

They know who they are dealing with....

-Bug-

B-Brown

Would it be legal to force a member to participate in the strike vote in order to receive a ratification ballot?

Exactly what happened here. We met the parameters set and still had it forced on us.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
That's the problem. The majority didn't vote

I see the problem as the majority who did vote had their votes disregarded.

From what you've written in this post it's obvious the union thinks it will never strike again, and if we do, so many will cross that the strike will be over quickly. Add the negotiating skills of someone like D Taylor and we are absolutely hosed.

I think the votes cast should count. Let the dip:censored2:s who aren't involved be forced to suck it up or cross the picket line. If they cross I hope the members never forget and make their jobs so miserable they end up quitting. One contract being forced on non-voters would solve low turnout for a very long time, IMO.

B-Brown

From what you've written in this post it's obvious the union thinks it will never strike again, and if we do, so many will cross that the strike will be over quickly. Add the negotiating skills of someone like D Taylor and we are absolutely hosed.

I think the votes cast should count. Let the dip:censored2:s who aren't involved be forced to suck it up or cross the picket line. If they cross I hope the members never forget and make their jobs so miserable they end up quitting. One contract being forced on non-voters would solve low turnout for a very long time, IMO.

BINGO!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

If you want to believe.... that UPS people are badass.... have at it.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The General President has the right to interpret the constitution.

He does so with the advice of the GEB and the IBT attorneys.

Walk for what reason? We walked for Carey because he wasnt a company man. You figure it out.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Absolutely not.

That's the problem. The majority didn't vote.

The strike vote was a "feeler gauge" in ascertaining the support of a strike.

It wasn't there. Even in "97" when member support was high, people still crossed.

Do you think, the drivers that park their $70k truck and $50k bass boat at work

are voting no.... Or, are voting voting at all ?

Any "ride" by a supervisor, is an "exploratory" mission.

People run their mouth.

They know who they are dealing with....

-Bug-
Out of 185,000 members what percentage crossed the line?.
It was minuscule at best.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

They kicked Sean O'Brien off the negotiating team because he was talking "strike and how to prepare for it". @BigUnionGuy knows this and yet goads us for not passing a strike vote.
That's classic.
Cant have it both ways bud. You look femininanious.