Another Ground driver wreck!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Funny, but as a Ground Driver I bring as many packages to the local WMart as does Express and UPS combined .. at the local hospital I bring as many as Express, UPS and UPS Air (and yes, they deliver SEPERATELY) combined .. wow, you Express guys have it rough! Giggle

When you deliver to WalMart, do you nose your truck into the dock and leave it running? Or do you just back up real fast with the door open and slam into the dock so all of your packages fall out? Giggle.

bbsam

Staff member
When you deliver to WalMart, do you nose your truck into the dock and leave it running? Or do you just back up real fast with the door open and slam into the dock so all of your packages fall out? Giggle.
All I can think of is all those boxes on my trucks. How did they used to get from place to place? UPS. Fedex Express. What happened? Through it all we were laughed at and bad mouthed, some of it deserved, much of it exaggerated, but still all we did was grow. And with that growth come challenges both old and new. I think many at UPS have stopped laughing and at Express they are enraged. One thing is sure: people aren't betting against our succeeding anymore. Makes me giggle.

MAKAVELI

Funny, but as a Ground Driver I bring as many packages to the local WMart as does Express and UPS combined .. at the local hospital I bring as many as Express, UPS and UPS Air (and yes, they deliver SEPERATELY) combined .. wow, you Express guys have it rough! Giggle

Do you really think ground has more volume than ups?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All I can think of is all those boxes on my trucks. How did they used to get from place to place? UPS. Fedex Express. What happened? Through it all we were laughed at and bad mouthed, some of it deserved, much of it exaggerated, but still all we did was grow. And with that growth come challenges both old and new. I think many at UPS have stopped laughing and at Express they are enraged. One thing is sure: people aren't betting against our succeeding anymore. Makes me giggle.

You grew because Fred S created an exploitative business model that undercuts UPS by a significant amount of money. This is the only reason Ground has even survived. What don't you understand about thhis?

MaineGroundDriver

Absolutely not .. I'm a professional driver .. I put my 4 ways on .. back up to the dock, shut off my truck .. duh

bbsam

Staff member
You grew because Fred S created an exploitative business model that undercuts UPS by a significant amount of money. This is the only reason Ground has even survived. What don't you understand about thhis?
Ah. So we gave the customer what they wanted. That is definitely a way to grow business. Do you disagree? Hey, I'm willing to admit Ground's deficiencies, but year after year growth doesn't happen simply by undercutting the competition. DHL tried that. What don't you understand about that?

MaineGroundDriver

Then what is your point? I could say the same thing at certain stops. Does that mean I should act like a 10 year old and say ha ha I have more than you. No, it just sounds stupid.

No, I'm saying someone posted earlier how Express and Ground go to the same stop while UPS does it "all in one" which just isn't the case ..

MAKAVELI

Then what is your point? I could say the same thing at certain stops. Does that mean I should act like a 10 year old and say ha ha I have more than you. No, it just sounds stupid.

No, I'm saying someone posted earlier how Express and Ground go to the same stop while UPS does it "all in one" which just isn't the case ..

That depends on the area. In my area they do.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ah. So we gave the customer what they wanted. That is definitely a way to grow business. Do you disagree? Hey, I'm willing to admit Ground's deficiencies, but year after year growth doesn't happen simply by undercutting the competition. DHL tried that. What don't you understand about that?

Fred has only been able to provide ultra-cheap service via the Ground business model, which means giving the customer "what they wanted" through a sham operation that purports to be a network of "independent business entrepreneurs". Ground is nothing but a front. DHL could never hope to undercut the competition except in the International market because their domestic network was both weak and deficient.

Take away Fred's cost advantage (the scam), and Ground disappears from the radar.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

I only get air help when I have over 20 air stops (10:30 commits) on the route that leaves the building at 9:10. 350+ pieces/150 del stops with 10 or so pickup stops has become the norm for my building. Hell those numbers I gave you are a wet dream for more than a few of the routes in our center.