Another Look At D-Day

vantexan

And of course we would have never let Pearl Harbor, The Holocaust The Blitz, Nazism or Hitler's decision to declare war on the US to happen I suppose. Perhaps we might have been able to do more than we did but at the time we were a bit tied up with the task of bringing the nation out of another Republican recession which in this case was the worst one in American history.
A lot of economists say FDR prolonged the Great Depression many years with his policies. As usual Dems claim great things, often are responsible for bad things.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
61885457_10156847277278725_9183245737956212736_n.jpg

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
And just exactly what form of revisionist history are you suing to support....."maybe" ?
the use of atomic weapons could have been authorized by anyone and you can make a case it was Eisenhower who led us to victory, it was a plan he came up with are allies, fdr just gave it the go ahead

newfie

He was almost 31 when Pearl Harbor happened. Plenty of 30 something's got deferred because of their age and family responsibilities. The totality of his life is what matters, and he did great things for America.

it is another effort by the libs to try to rewrite Reagans legacy. If he had been a democrat they would have revered him like FDR.
its like their mockery of trump for bone spurs. Nothing ever said about their favorite candidates Clinton and Obama not having served when they do so.

suddenly Trump is president and they suddenly think they should impose a different standard

bacha29

your blaming the World War on the market crash caused by a republican . really?
and the republican was also responsible for a world wide market crash?
you thought you would celebrate D day by questioning the morality and character of the army that fought facism? really
your revision of history during the start of world war 2 does not mention our policy of isolationism or direct provocation by japan at pearl harbor?
The MP's were not sufficient in number to fully enforce the actions of every US soldier and the MP's themselves were no saints either. The uncle I mentioned told me a first hand account of the actions of one MP. And that MP treatment of a surrendered German who had provided my uncle's artillery battery with priceless intelligence that saved countless American lives cost the MP his life in what would be described today as a "friendly fire" incident. And BTW any policy mistake or mismanagement of the US affairs of state by a Democrat president is something you always made certain be brought into the discussion but in the case of Hoover's Depression your comments clearly seek to absolve him of any responsibility.

newfie

The MP's were not sufficient in number to fully enforce the actions of every US soldier and the MP's themselves were no saints either. The uncle I mentioned told me a first hand account of the actions of one MP. And that MP treatment of a surrendered German who had provided my uncle's artillery battery with priceless intelligence that saved countless American lives cost the MP his life in what would be described today as a "friendly fire" incident. And BTW any policy mistake or mismanagement of the US affairs of state by a Democrat president is something you always made certain be brought into the discussion but in the case of Hoover's Depression your comments clearly seek to absolve him of any responsibility.

so on the week we celebrated the vanquishing of the evil Nazi's and the heroic efforts by our guys you decide you want to bring up the actions of one person your uncle spoke of in comparison to the Nazi army which exterminated jews by the millions. your spewing of nonsense arguments is endless

bacha29

He was almost 31 when Pearl Harbor happened. Plenty of 30 something's got deferred because of their age and family responsibilities. The totality of his life is what matters, and he did great things for America.
That's interesting. At the time American males up to age 35 could be and many were drafted into active military combat service. As for Reagan a lot of consercuks and bible thumpers I knew portrayed Reagan as a true man of God but were absolutely shocked when I informed them that he was first married to Jane Wyman and had Nancy knocked up when he married her. Consercuks don't seem to have much time for history. And while you blamed the Democrats for hindering efforts for impeding legislation that may have allowed X to become union the end of organized labor began when he busted the air traffic controllers union 1981.

newfie

That's interesting. At the time American males up to age 35 could be and many were drafted into active military combat service. As for Reagan a lot of consercuks and bible thumpers I knew portrayed Reagan as a true man of God but were absolutely shocked when I informed them that he was first married to Jane Wyman and had Nancy knocked up when he married her. Consercuks don't seem to have much time for history. And while you blamed the Democrats for hindering efforts for impeding legislation that may have allowed X to become union the end of organized labor began when he busted the air traffic controllers union 1981.

we clearly don't vote for presidents based on what they do with their trouser snakes or Bill Clinton would never have been elected president.

bacha29

so on the week we celebrated the vanquishing of the evil Nazi's and the heroic efforts by our guys you decide you want to bring up the actions of one person your uncle spoke of in comparison to the Nazi army which exterminated jews by the millions. your spewing of nonsense arguments is endless
You've clearly watched too many John Wayne style black and white WWII movies that portrayed US combat soldiers as perfectly mannered heroes which they were not . Yes they did vanquish Nazi tyranny for which we will be forever grateful but were in no way shape or form the angels of mercy you and Hollywood portray them as being. Yes, they were not as bad as the Russians but given that there was no civil order in place at the time liberties were taken in a live for the moment time in our history.

newfie

You've clearly watched too many John Wayne style black and white WWII movies that portrayed US combat soldiers as perfectly mannered heroes which they were not . Yes they did vanquish Nazi tyranny for which we will be forever grateful but were in no way shape or form the angels of mercy you and Hollywood portray them as being. Yes, they were not as bad as the Russians but given that there was no civil order in place at the time liberties were taken in a live for the moment time in our history.

I think if you are someone like yourself who did not have the balls to do what those men did then you should not sit back and smugly disparage them on the day we choose to honor and thank them for their sacrifice.

90 percent of the men in the first wave died on that beach . did you wish to comment on their moral character?

bacha29

we clearly don't vote for presidents based on what they do with their trouser snakes or Bill Clinton would never have been elected president.
Instead of coming up with a valid and thought provoking counter facts you resort to trite nonsense in a futile attempt to offer anything in the way of a rebuttal.

newfie

Instead of coming up with a valid and thought provoking counter facts you resort to trite nonsense in a futile attempt to offer anything in the way of a rebuttal.

you didn't answer the question again.

90 percent of the people in the first wave of Omaha died fighting Nazism. did you wish to comment on their moral character?

did your uncle have something positive to say about those troops who gave their all or was he an A hole like you?

bacha29

I think if you are someone like yourself who did not have the balls to do what those men did then you should not sit back and smugly disparage them on the day we choose to honor and thank them for their sacrifice.

90 percent of the men in the first wave died on that beach . did you wish to comment on their moral character?
I do not disparage or seek to diminished their actions but you seek to over glorify them. It was by no means the black and white world you're conditioned to believe it was. They were for the most part drafted citizens who did their part came back home and returned to civilian life and put the horrors of war behind them . The reason for doing so? They saw atrocities on both sides they wanted to forget.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
it is another effort by the libs to try to rewrite Reagans legacy. If he had been a democrat they would have revered him like FDR.
its like their mockery of trump for bone spurs. Nothing ever said about their favorite candidates Clinton and Obama not having served when they do so.

suddenly Trump is president and they suddenly think they should impose a different standard
Totally. Let's stay focused on the veterans who sacrificed.

Except those POW losers. Heroes for getting captured. Weak. I like people who weren't captured.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Totally. Let's stay focused on the veterans who sacrificed.

Except those POW losers. Heroes for getting captured. Weak. I like people who weren't captured.
no mccain is a loser because he ratted on his fellow pow's and gave out military plans