Another Look At D-Day

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
As for the latter half not as simple as you think. At Yalta out of money and manpower knowing that his time as PM was coming to an end Churchill knew the sun was setting on the British Empire. Dying of stomach cancer and faced with a manned invasion of Japan with catastrophic casualties and knowing that the allies would meet the same fate as the Nazi's in a ground war in the Soviet Union FDR options were also limited. Stalin's promise of free and fair elections for the Eastern and Central European nations he now controlled was highly doubted, the allies on the other hand had little choice but to accept it at face value.
You do know we were supplying military equipment to the Russians in ww2 right

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
And of course we would have never let Pearl Harbor, The Holocaust The Blitz, Nazism or Hitler's decision to declare war on the US to happen I suppose. Perhaps we might have been able to do more than we did but at the time we were a bit tied up with the task of bringing the nation out of another Republican recession which in this case was the worst one in American history.
I guess we should just love on our enemies and give them job training? That is the lefts answer to the enemy these days. Totally ignoring the fact that they wouldn't be spared if they found themselves in the crosshairs.

bacha29

You do know we were supplying military equipment to the Russians in ww2 right
Yes I know and it was Roosevelt's hope that the Russians would provide full support and participation if it came down to a full scale of the Japanese mainland but since that was in doubt Truman thankfully had another option.