Any Hubs to Close?

herbigharo32

It is rumored that the DFW air sort will be closing the day shift within a year. When that happens, there will be Sunrise and Twilight. The hub will run two large shifts. So, the sunrise shift will look more like twighlight in terms of total volume count.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
i heard talk of rockford closing with there flights moving to louisville and chicago and leaving rockford as just a ground facility.
lol i herd they are going to close CACH and move everything onto the Addison night sort :raspberry-tounge:

Int'lguy

International Guy
wchpa to close soon

The whole building? Its not a hub, they only have a Pre and Twi. WCHPA has a big preload/delivery area; which building is going to take those four centers?

Can't believe that one. Its the largest delivery and air/intl pickup building in the MPN district (and one of the largest in the country). There is no where else in the district to fit all four centers (even one for that matter).

Pennypacker - you're right, there is no "hub" so to speak in WCHPA anymore. Twi and preload is all they got.

I think whomever was saying this was only smokin' something.

airbusfxr

RFD is overflow in case SDF snows in. DFW has to much freight in and out. CAE will go back to NDA only, ONT to much freight in and out, ANC is pac rim hub, BDL scale back, MIA scale back, PHL scale back, SDF will run WLDPT wide open and pray weather never hits. ORD has NDA in and out because RFD is transfer hub. The Airline will end up like 1986 all planes will fly to SDF and sort, and very few hubs will be fully operational. The planes will fly to SDF sort and end up at final destinations then sit idol all day. At night the airplanes will load up fly to SDF sort and repeat. UPS has been mismanaged at all levels for so many years and it has finally caught up to us.

P

pickup

I find that hard to believe especially since most of the automotive parts are made across the border there using cheap labor.

Anybody buying cars these days? and maybe the mexican truckers from the pilot program (under Nafta) are more than enough to bring the reduced freight in.

I am not to sure if that pilot program is still continuing or not