ANY new info on 710 contract?

scisector9

Stewards in my building haven't heard anything either. Am I overly optimistic that perhaps it dragging on so long could help our position? Maybe they will tire of waiting and say fine we will give a little.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

They are independent locals, they founded about the same time the IBT was. Their contracts are negotiated separately because of the difference in pension s

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stewards in my building haven't heard anything either. Am I overly optimistic that perhaps it dragging on so long could help our position? Maybe they will tire of waiting and say fine we will give a little.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I be they are still squabbling about healthcare and subcontracting.

nayrsiem

I still haven't seen how teamcare is any worse than what we already have. Am I missing something? Help me out here.

Sent telepathiclly of course..

nayrsiem

Yeah I did that. Pretty much the same. I will pay a little more for prescriptions with teamcare but will have a lower deductible ($0 for 4 years). The vision plan changes a bit too. Not sure if it's better or worse. That's about all.

nayrsiem

That is true for us as well. But it's coming one way or another. If it comes now or in 3 months what's the difference?

Ouch

You can go on the 710 website like I just did. Their is a download that says pretty much since March nothing has changed.

Ron Carey lives on

The insurance doesn't look bad at all, but why did we have to go to it is the question. Who is to say the IBT can't change anything about it. Their history of handling our money is not very good. When you put the ball in the company's court, and make them provide insurance as part of a benefit package, thats part of the collective bargaining process. It would different if our company was hurting, concessions. Ups is on top of the world, you can't tell me they couldn't afford our insurance. Teamcare was implemented to prop it up. Its not rocket science

Sent using BrownCafe App

710 steward

I be they are still squabbling about healthcare and subcontracting.

Bo

You'd lose that bet. The word I have heard is we could be could be getting TeamCare before our contract is even ratified. There is nothing to hold out for in healthcare. UPS is not and will not pay on two separate policies because 710 doesn't want TeamCare.