Any news on raises?

CJinx

Please refer to post #52.
Oh, the point was not lost on me; you believe you're worth more and think the raise you got was a slap in the face. But you either don't realize or intentionally ignore the notion that they could have given you nothing which would have been a real slap in the face.

And you'd still be here.

vantexan

Oh, the point was not lost on me; you believe you're worth more and think the raise you got was a slap in the face. But you either don't realize or intentionally ignore the notion that they could have given you nothing which would have been a real slap in the face.

And you'd still be here.

​So either way it's a slap in the face. Do you enjoy being slapped around?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

And you'd still be here.
There you go being Fred's advocate. I'm sure as hell worth more than that schittie
2% raise as is everyone else here. If you like working for crap wages just so you can brag that you work for Fred to anyone who'll listen, do your thing. Leave us out of it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
But really; if I wasn't happy with my level of compensation, I'd leave.

that's YOU, CJinx. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you're still relatively young and therefore still considered to be economically viable to employers. Easy enough for you. Many of us here are not in your position. You may think that's just an excuse but believe me, it's the absolute truth. If Fred would have revealed his true Scrooge-like nature 20 years ago I would have heeded your advice.

To simply say if we don't like the way things are - leave, is really not much different than the "America - love it or leave it" crowd. May sound like a great idea, but the reality is that it just ain't that easy for most of us is it? Does that mean we shouldn't express our displeasure with the leaders of this country?

If a waitress who worked her tail off for a busload of demanding customers for 3 solid hours and when all was said and done they left her a whopping 2% tip and she mentioned in a forum for restaurant employees that she felt insulted by it, would your response to her be "stop complaining, after all they weren't obligated to leave you anything" ? Technically that may be absolutely true, ethically it's absolutely wrong. And so is this pathetic excuse for a raise coupled with the fact that it's 7 months late and soon to be followed up with this new farce of a health care plan which in and of itself is enough to make us ill.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
that's YOU, CJinx. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you're still relatively young and therefore still considered to be economically viable to employers. Easy enough for you. Many of us here are not in your position. You may think that's just an excuse but believe me, it's the absolute truth. If Fred would have revealed his true Scrooge-like nature 20 years ago I would have heeded your advice.

To simply say if we don't like the way things are - leave, is really not much different than the "America - love it or leave it" crowd. May sound like a great idea, but the reality is that it just ain't that easy for most of us is it? Does that mean we shouldn't express our displeasure with the leaders of this country?

If a waitress who worked her tail off for a busload of demanding customers for 3 solid hours and when all was said and done they left her a whopping 2% tip and she mentioned in a forum for restaurant employees that she felt insulted by it, would your response to her be "stop complaining, after all they weren't obligated to leave you anything" ? Technically that may be absolutely true, ethically it's absolutely wrong. And so is this pathetic excuse for a raise coupled with the fact that it's 7 months late and soon to be followed up with this new farce of a health care plan which in and of itself is enough to make us ill.

I think she likes it....she wants you to slap her again.

FedExRookie

Is it too late for a union or do you all still have a fighting chance. I say you all, since I have my exit, thanks to school, planned already.

If it is too late, C'este La Vi, if it is not too late shouldn't you all be focusing on the handlers. Use the fact there was no raise given to the handlers to push a union movement. If you get this going, and couriers see it, maybe it can have a snowball effect.

As I said, I don't have a dog in the fight, my time with FedEx is coming to an end.