applying for an amazon position

Over disciplined0123

They provide jobs in the city they locate in. The spend millions building out or building facilities. They take land that is not producing much tax revenue and turn it in to revenue producing land. Pilots are a necessary tool to bring in new business.
Trust me 10 dollar an hour jobs don’t fuel the economy they will just line the dealers pockets and local 7-11s They 6 figure jobs they said it will have I’m sure are already selected and that person will be moved to that city. We need to organize them and make them 20 - 30 $ an hour jobs . Top brass at amazon received 1 to 2million bonus checks yearly

vantexan

He is looking at potential sites for a second headquarters, not a distribution center. Rest assured the corporate offices are properly air conditioned.
We're getting postings about a Memphis distribution center and their choosing a second headquarters mixed up. For the record, Charlotte would be a good pick for a second headquarters because of the lifestyle for execs, which is usually a consideration. If they open a distribution center in Memphis it'll supply a decent number of full-time jobs, something lacking at the Memphis Hub. However the Memphis Hub is much larger than an Amazon distribution center, will still be attractive to students and full-time workers looking to supplement their pay with a second job. Wouldn't be surprised if some manage to do both Amazon and FedEx.

MAKAVELI

We're getting postings about a Memphis distribution center and their choosing a second headquarters mixed up. For the record, Charlotte would be a good pick for a second headquarters because of the lifestyle for execs, which is usually a consideration. If they open a distribution center in Memphis it'll supply a decent number of full-time jobs, something lacking at the Memphis Hub. However the Memphis Hub is much larger than an Amazon distribution center, will still be attractive to students and full-time workers looking to supplement their pay with a second job. Wouldn't be surprised if some manage to do both Amazon and FedEx.
If they are looking for lifestyle, SD would be the place.

bacha29

If they are looking for lifestyle, SD would be the place.[/QUOTE} The final decision is to come sometime next year. While SD would be nice you could name any number of potential cities. From a concessions standpoint a lot will depend on which city is willing to give Bezos more than what it stands to get in return . I agree with VT. I think it's Charlotte also . Especially given that he will then have HQ's on both coasts.

MAKAVELI

But look at the cost of real estate, the taxes, the general cost of living, and it keeps both headquarters on the West Coast.
I'm just saying from a lifestyle point of view and a pool of talent it doesn't get much better that the West Coast and San Diego.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm just saying from a lifestyle point of view and a pool of talent it doesn't get much better that the West Coast and San Diego.

Anything available in SD is available plenty of other places at a lower cost. That could be said about many major cities.

MAKAVELI

Anything available in SD is available plenty of other places at a lower cost. That could be said about many major cities.
Talent pool in California for tech companies is just so much greater than everywhere else that's a fact. San Diego is expensive but there's a reason for that. Especially if you're making good money at a big company.

It will be fine

Talent pool in California for tech companies is just so much greater than everywhere else that's a fact. San Diego is expensive but there's a reason for that. Especially if you're making good money at a big company.
Is Amazon creating a new HQ for the tech side? I've haven't been following too closely but I thought it was going to be an HQ for the logistics side of the company.

It will be fine

Amazon is a tech company.
Not really anymore. Microsoft is a tech company. How many cargo planes does Microsoft own? Amazon is a major player in multiple industries. I am curious as to the reason for another HQ, will it be the center for a specific branch of the company?

MAKAVELI

Not really anymore. Microsoft is a tech company. How many cargo planes does Microsoft own? Amazon is a major player in multiple industries. I am curious as to the reason for another HQ, will it be the center for a specific branch of the company?
It is a tech company just as google has branched out to other sectors. Everything this company does is founded in tech.