Area seniority

What's up brothers

Ive been working at UPS souther cal local 396 part-time for 3 yrs as a sorter. But recently got transferred to irregs (bulk) because my building is replacing sorters with automated technology. My question is, what happens to my area seniority if I get transferred to irregs (bulk) because of this reason. Basically involuntary.

Dr.Brownz

Ar
What's up brothers

Ive been working at UPS souther cal local 396 part-time for 3 yrs as a sorter. But recently got transferred to irregs (bulk) because my building is replacing sorters with automated technology. My question is, what happens to my area seniority if I get transferred to irregs (bulk) because of this reason. Basically involuntary.
Unless you have "area seniority" in your local supplment you probably revert to hire date for seniority related issues

542thruNthru

Uh.. I'm in socal. Area seniority is a myth. You don't have it. You're pt sup might think you do but if push comes to shove your local will say it doesn't exist.

Uh.. I'm in socal. Area seniority is a myth. You don't have it. You're pt sup might think you do but if push comes to shove your local will say it doesn't exist.

In our hub Baldwin park,ca 396
Area seniority lists are posted and everything from leaving early and scheduling vacations goes by area seniority not Building seniority. My issue is that, so not sure if anything in contract says if I'm forced to move how does seniority go by. If duck-tailed in or lose it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In our hub Baldwin park,ca 396
Area seniority lists are posted and everything from leaving early and scheduling vacations goes by area seniority not Building seniority. My issue is that, so not sure if anything in contract says if I'm forced to move how does seniority go by. If duck-tailed in or lose it.

Dove tailed.

You really lost your seniority to a machine?

jaker

trolling
If you are forced to move then you should dovetail in , I am close to you but different local and that is how it works for us

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
That language was not intended for an individual employee.

Tell that to the one guy who just lost his rural route with 40 stops who had to come back up to our building since his truck parking spot just got moved 30 miles further away. He will now be running a route with over 100 stops or more. The company called it a change of operation and forced him off his route. A person got hired to run it who has been on the job 9 days...

On a side note though, Tell me why the OP could not cite the contract with his situation as a change of operations? His job was eliminated, he could most certainly be able to dovetail his seniority into another center or position.

Nike

Tell that to the one guy who just lost his rural route with 40 stops who had to come back up to our building since his truck parking spot just got moved 30 miles further away. He will now be running a route with over 100 stops or more. The company called it a change of operation and forced him off his route. A person got hired to run it who has been on the job 9 days..

That sucks.