Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Some of you are pretty friggin stupid. FFS. This is a time where it appears that UPS is using an acquisition to keep us busy and maybe even add a few jobs. All some of you can do is complain about that.

My center moves 4 empties a night from our building to the hub. If those empties can be full trailers AND make UPS more money, so they can pay me more with the next contract, I am all for it.

Step back and look at the big picture.

If that is, in fact, what they are doing, no problem. But if it turns out that Coyote is used to siphon off bargaining work, then we are in trouble. A lot of the people you call stupid, might just be skeptical. We're not exactly dealing with a company that is known for its truthful statements to its employees. We still see contractors on the highways pulling our longboxes. That was supposed end two weeks into January. And yet, it continues.

barnyard

KTM rider
But if it turns out that Coyote is used to siphon off bargaining work, then we are in trouble.

I certainly agree with that.

What is being posted about now though is that we are pulling non UPS loads that Coyote found for our empty trailers. That is a good deal for us, both as employees and share holders. Coyote is a load broker, using our empty trailers for loads they are finding. I cannot see that as anything other than a positive for the company and for Teamsters.

I would expect to see more and more big shippers 'zone skipping.' Railroads do not seem interested in pulling our loads and shippers are looking for ways to reduce costs AND stay with UPS. Many of these loads would have been rail loads that we would have pulled to and from a railyard.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What if you have to poo between exits?
I've had to pull off the side of a road before to take a piss but it was dark and nobody was the wiser... I haven't built up the courage to urinate in a Mountain Dew bottle while driving down the hwy at 55... But im sure some of the gypos are masters at it!!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Question about hooking up.

In the AM all of our drivers drop and turn right around, so the Preload Sup has to put the loads on the doors. One issue we've been having is getting our shifter tractor to properly lock around the pin when he hooks up. He practically has to ram the bastard in there, and even then, sometimes it doesn't work. When we use the Feeder driver's tractor it locks right in first time every time.

Could this be a tractor issue? Or is there something I can direct the sup to do so we have a good lock. I'm just nervous the guy is going to be in a rush one time and not tug test it. I also would like him to avoid using the feeder driver's vehicle since if that goes down, we're screwed getting loads out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

In the AM all of our drivers drop and turn right around, so the Preload Sup has to put the loads on the doors. One issue we've been having is getting our shifter tractor to properly lock around the pin when he hooks up. He practically has to ram the bastard in there, and even then, sometimes it doesn't work. When we use the Feeder driver's tractor it locks right in first time every time.

Could this be a tractor issue? Or is there something I can direct the sup to do so we have a good lock. I'm just nervous the guy is going to be in a rush one time and not tug test it. I also would like him to avoid using the feeder driver's vehicle since if that goes down, we're screwed getting loads out.
The bigger question is why is a part time sup moving trailers?

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Some of those goats are POS...maybe he can adjust the boom up a little bit...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nobody wants to take the test to become certified to drive the feeder on property.
I worked in a small center 30 drivers max. The first feeder driver that got there in the morning just hung out and switched trailers as needed. Mostly he slept in the yard in his tractor or hittin on the skanky pre loaders

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Why can't the drivers when they get in just pull off the empties and put the loads on...how many doors do you have
The first driver to come in does put them on the doors. The second driver comes in, breaks down a set, builds two sets, and leaves. Third driver comes, drops his set, hooks up to the second set and leaves.

Only two doors.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'll try anything. The tractor itself is a real POS so I wasn't sure if it was that or maybe just an easy fix we were missing.
I guess something else to do is make sure you're backing directly under the kingpin don't try to come in it and angle Also maybe the fifth wheel on the tractor needs to be greased up