Atlanta Smart Hub

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I heard they were hiring hundreds of Feeder drivers off the street not too long ago. I doubt it would take long to get into a Package Car Driver position, I think there are close to 400 routes. I worked at two other Atlanta Hubs. I went to SMART's Open House, that is a hell of a hike to just walk into the building. You have to climb three flights of steps and walk across a pedestrian bridge and then climb steps down to get to the Hub floor. The package centers are at the opposite end of the hub from that bridge. I saw this woman huffing and puffing from just walking in who was reporting to work to the control room in the center. Bad design, I would have put a tunnel underneath the yard between the parking lot and the center of the building.
B8DE479F-CD9D-4F79-86B2-B292E6027264.jpeg
50183E08-0A03-4220-802B-45B646BEA96E.jpeg
86EFBC16-91C5-4187-BA08-BA916426AEEC_1_201_a.jpeg
EB7AADA7-7753-4CD2-993C-E7290E75F9AF_1_201_a.jpeg
0CB9D982-CCE1-4543-BACC-ACDEB34199F3_1_201_a.jpeg
B9551395-C373-4968-A4BA-C0471C9616F2_1_201_a.jpeg

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I heard they were hiring hundreds of Feeder drivers off the street not too long ago. I doubt it would take long to get into a Package Car Driver position, I think there are close to 400 routes. I worked at two other Atlanta Hubs. I went to SMART's Open House, that is a hell of a hike to just walk into the building. You have to climb three flights of steps and walk across a pedestrian bridge and then climb steps down to get to the Hub floor. The package centers are at the opposite end of the hub from that bridge. I saw this woman huffing and puffing from just walking in who was reporting to work to the control room in the center. Bad design, I would have put a tunnel underneath the yard between the parking lot and the center of the building.View attachment 375265View attachment 375266View attachment 375267View attachment 375271View attachment 375272View attachment 375273
Weren’t you out of Forest Park? I think SMAGA is like maybe 30 minutes from FPAGA. I wonder if the smart hub took a lot of FP’s volume.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I heard they were hiring hundreds of Feeder drivers off the street not too long ago. I doubt it would take long to get into a Package Car Driver position, I think there are close to 400 routes. I worked at two other Atlanta Hubs. I went to SMART's Open House, that is a hell of a hike to just walk into the building. You have to climb three flights of steps and walk across a pedestrian bridge and then climb steps down to get to the Hub floor. The package centers are at the opposite end of the hub from that bridge. I saw this woman huffing and puffing from just walking in who was reporting to work to the control room in the center. Bad design, I would have put a tunnel underneath the yard between the parking lot and the center of the building.View attachment 375265View attachment 375266View attachment 375267View attachment 375271View attachment 375272View attachment 375273
What’s the story of this so called “heritage bolder?”… and what’s up with the kid in the background photobombing your picture and blocking our beloved gold company shield???

Johney

They have been doing an addition to the building I retired from adding I think 4 more belts for package cars. So I talked to some guys from my old building yesterday and in the construction there was going to be three air fingers I guess you’d call them. They back the air trailers in beside the belts to unload. So come to find out some brain surgeon screwed up something in the planning to connect the “1300” package car belt to the primary line and in doing so they had to block two of the three air doors. So needless to say after a $26 million addition they will still have to use “mothership” trailers to unload air lol! You can’t make this crap up.