Beer

menotyou

bella amicizia
How else do you get around Boston, if you are drinking? Are you advocating drinking and driving, Dave??? I thought being a professional driver, you would know better. Just sayin'.........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How else do you get around Boston, if you are drinking? Are you advocating drinking and driving, Dave??? I thought being a professional driver, you would know better. Just sayin'.........

Have you ever been to Boston? It is hard enough to drive there sober.

My only point was when you go to Boston you can park your car at the hotel and not need it until you are ready to leave.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The Kingston Trio sang about the MTA.
It's actually the MBTA commuter rail. "T" is just short for MBTA as the stops are marked with the big T logo. (as far as I've known, anyway)
I rarely go into Boston much anymore, maybe once a week, but it's not a bad nightlife town. Plenty of transit and places to stay, where you don't need worry about the driving part if you're having drinks on the town.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's actually the MBTA commuter rail. "T" is just short for MBTA.
I rarely go into Boston much anymore, maybe once a week, but it's not a bad nightlife town. Plenty of transit and places to stay, where you don't need worry about the driving part if you're having drinks on the town.

To be fair, when the song was written the subway system was called the MTA. They must have added the Boston part at a later date.

klein

Für Meno :)
Klein, you lost what little credibility you had when you posted the Rape bumper sticker. Rape is a crime of violence and certainly nothing to joke about.

You lost all your respect, and not just from me, either !
I seen far worse "bumper stickers" or Cartoons opposing Obama, waving the Nazi Flag or wearing it. And other worse ones.
You want to go back and bad rep them, too, and while you're at it, bad rep meno for sending out too many "likes" ?

That "resident'know-it all" self giving title suits you very well !

menotyou

bella amicizia
Have you ever been to Boston? It is hard enough to drive there sober.

My only point was when you go to Boston you can park your car at the hotel and not need it until you are ready to leave.
Nope. Never been. Would like to someday. I watch Phantom Gourmet sometimes. I would love to go to their block party. I was just pickin', Dave. Jeez.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The thread was about drinking beer in Boston. I added that the T makes it very easy to get around Boston. You then added that some group from the 50's sang a song about the MTA. What does that have to do with drinking beer and getting around Boston?

Klein, you lost what little credibility you had when you posted the Rape bumper sticker. Rape is a crime of violence and certainly nothing to joke about.
He did ​WHAT??:grrr:

moreluck

golden ticket member
The thread was about drinking beer in Boston. I added that the T makes it very easy to get around Boston. You then added that some group from the 50's sang a song about the MTA. What does that have to do with drinking beer and getting around Boston?

You brought up getting around Boston easily & the train......my post was about getting around Boston on a train..................if you don't see the connection, you are blind!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, I wonder if there are any songs about B.A.R.T. ???? Bay Area Rapid Transit............I'll bet they have beer too....see the relevance?

Metrolink?
Music City Star?
LIRR?
MARC?

I'll bet they have beer too.....but not chowdah!! Yay Boston!! Lobstah Bisque!

I'll bet there are a million stories..............You really branched out a promising topic here on B.C., Dave. :happy2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You lost all your respect, and not just from me, either !
I seen far worse "bumper stickers" or Cartoons opposing Obama, waving the Nazi Flag or wearing it. And other worse ones.
You want to go back and bad rep them, too, and while you're at it, bad rep meno for sending out too many "likes" ?

That "resident'know-it all" self giving title suits you very well !

Oh, no, an unemployed Canadian with few prospects beyond government handouts doesn't respect me---how will I ever go on living?