Bid Routes

UPWes

So I bid on a different route (that just got created) that was in 4 to 5 times a week. And the last 4 months I'm lucky if it is in once a week (Wednesdays). Can UPS dissolve a route completely so I'm not the bid driver anymore? Not a huge deal more of a curiosity thing, but if possible I might try to get them to do just that lol

They've been bidding out routes at my center that get ran like once a month. It'll run for 4 months straight then they bid it and poof not a route anymore. Don't get what's the point of it. 🤷‍♂️

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
It needs to be dissolved for 30 consecutive days I believe. Route I bid on was mon-fri. Two months after winning they start cutting it on Mondays and now I’m a cover driver once a week minimum. So stupid.

Brown Down

They've been bidding out routes at my center that get ran like once a month. It'll run for 4 months straight then they bid it and poof not a route anymore. Don't get what's the point of it. 🤷‍♂️
alot of it came from the covid boom. Company had to put them up for bid just as things started to get back to some normalicy.

DriverNerd

Can UPS dissolve a route completely so I'm not the bid driver anymore?
They can here. Eliminated about four routes the last couple years. Doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. If they eliminate routes here we can bump anyone with less seniority.

Cowboy Mac

So I bid on a different route (that just got created) that was in 4 to 5 times a week. And the last 4 months I'm lucky if it is in once a week (Wednesdays). Can UPS dissolve a route completely so I'm not the bid driver anymore? Not a huge deal more of a curiosity thing, but if possible I might try to get them to do just that lol
All you guys must live in California. Cause we keep getting more and more routes here in Texas every year. We probably have over 10 routes in my center that should be bid routes but aren’t.

All you guys must live in California. Cause we keep getting more and more routes here in Texas every year. We probably have over 10 routes in my center that should be bid routes but aren’t.
Isn't it if it runs for a month straight you can file something with the Steward to make it a bid route?

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
You’re going back to Saturdays
🧔‍♂️✊