BO problems

New Englander

Go home early sick, file a grievance for your guaranteed pay. If UPS wants to force you to work in a situation that would make most normal people sick. Get sick and go home.

I tend to get a bit road sick if I'm driving a package car that is burning oil/coolant or has a fuel fume leak into the cab. I don't drive it the second day. If they want to force me out on it sometime. I'll go till I feel sick. I'll call home, get a ride set up. Secure the package car and call into the center that I'm sick on route and tell them where it is.

I have not had to do it yet. Though I'm sure at some point I will.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Go to Lowes, get some cheap respirator masks, couple bucks. Hand them out to everyone except the stinky employees & wear them. Message will be clear, no harassment, and the offender will (should) get the picture.

Fnix

Do these guys come in smelly or are you complaining about there smell after unloading 4 trailers in summer heat?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Tell the supe if you think the co-workers think he smells bad, what do you think the customers think of him and UPS for letting this go on untreated?

PAUPSER

Hey just tell the stinky sob that he smells and its bother all of his co-workers, its not a nice way of doing it buts uncalled for to have some with BO

BrownSuit

Go to Lowes, get some cheap respirator masks, couple bucks. Hand them out to everyone except the stinky employees & wear them. Message will be clear, no harassment, and the offender will (should) get the picture.

That can be interpreted as a form of hazing. I wouldn't do it or hand them Deodorant and Soap until you talk with them.

Some people have a serious issue with taking a bath, others have no where to take a bath. They aren't working Pre-Load for the fun of it.

Find out the root cause first, then if necessary help purchase H&B Aids or find help for the individual.

Don't go around spraying stuff, imagine what you would feel like if somebody was doing that around you.

As was pointed out, this can be a serious HR issue if not dealt with properly. Just take the person aside, or get a supervisor involved if you don't want to get your hands dirty.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I would let the supervisor handle it. If you do it they could call it harassment.

I think the air filtration mask is a legitimate way of dealing with this. I have noticed people wearing these things in the hub. If asked why you are wearing one just say it is because the dust and dirt are bothering your sinuses.

Don't people who work with cadavers put something under their nose, a salve of some type, to deal with the smell?

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Don't people who work with cadavers put something under their nose, a salve of some type, to deal with the smell?

What is it called, Camphor? It is what makes the smell in Vicks Vapor Rub.

OK, so mask would be insulting. I'd fake passing out while pretending to choke, then.

No real way to do it without causing some form of insult. No nice way, that I know of, to tell someone "hey, man, you really reek".

I would try to get the sup to handle the situation, resolving work problems is part of their job.
Telling someone they stink, reek, smell bad without using a good amount of tact is a good way to get your nose flattened out so it doesn't poke into someone else's business. Be careful.

I know a guy that has a genetic physical problem (his brother also has the same problem) with body oder that has nothing to do with personal hygiene.
I was a roommate in his house for a few of months and know that he bathed everyday, yet still had a problem. This was year round, but was exacerbated in the summer. His laundry was done on a regular bases also. This guy is very aware of his problem, but so far has found nothing that really helps. Some days are worse than others and the medical field has not been able to help either.

over9five

Staff member
I saw a news story pretty recently about a woman who had this problem all her life (bathed every day, very clean, but always smelled). I remember she was a teacher.
Anyhow, finally a medical cure for this was found.

disneyworld

When I used to do cover we had a driver (nice guy too) that smelled awful and his customers were complaining to me. I think a couple of them actually called in complaints.

rocket man

UPSTATE NYER IM VOTING FOR HIM FOR C E O Hygenist missload expert english major on grammar expert missload expert on package car rollaways accidents. lunch breaks , hes a supervisors best friend . tells them how to run the operations he most likely dose medical operations the side HES so smart.Now to the point. UPSTATE NYER GET A BAR OF SOAP AND CLEAN YOUR SELF. make your co workers HAPPY.

Mike Hawk

Both emnployees are aware of their stink, I have seen several people tell them in not so nice ways. The supes refuse to do anything, they claim their hands are tied. Both work other jobs, but I have worked 15 hour days at UPS and I still find time to shower.

chev

Nightcrawler
UPSTATE NYER IM VOTING FOR HIM FOR C E O Hygenist missload expert english major on grammar expert missload expert on package car rollaways accidents. lunch breaks , hes a supervisors best friend . tells them how to run the operations he most likely dose medical operations the side HES so smart.Now to the point. UPSTATE NYER GET A BAR OF SOAP AND CLEAN YOUR SELF. make your co workers HAPPY.

Are you so infatuated with UpstateNYUPSer that most of your time spent here is stalking him on every post? Damn dude. Get a life.
Upstate....I think it is time for a restraining order. :wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you so infatuated with UpstateNYUPSer that most of your time spent here is stalking him on every post? Damn dude. Get a life.
Upstate....I think it is time for a restraining order. :wink2:

Judging from his posts my restraining order would simply be added to the stack that he already has against him.