BROWN NOSERS GET THE BEST RIDES!?!?!?!?!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Im glad you answered. Hopefully no one pukes a little in there mouth of calls me a brown noser for saying this. If they do oh well.
Don't take it personal game. They know not what they do. Take it as comedy.
You need to wipe that off that mustache from all the kool aid you been drinking.
FgdwyWo2Sb6LKWv90PWA_kool%20aid%20mustache_zpsq9vi8roa.jpg

Irishman Collins

Contracts junior. More contracts and without a strike.
Still a little short on the comprehension I see. Must have taken too many shots to the head.
Down goes Frazier...
We should of went on strike this contract. Instead of kissing their rear and giving them every thing they wanted and the kitchen sink. So, we are supposed to jump up and down for Hoffa and the boys because they negotiated language that is reality now a days? Go out and try to find a new truck without a shoulder harness, proper exhaust, high back chairs, etc.. it's like negotiating language that says from here forward no driver shall be required to work 18 hours. It's pointless, and not reality these days, since the government mandates us to work only 14. It's the same thing as your great and powerful package car language. Irishman, hits in the game. In the game goes back into the ropes mouth piece flying out, out cold! Lol!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We should of went on strike this contract. Instead of kissing their rear and giving them every thing they wanted and the kitchen sink. So, we are supposed to jump up and down for Hoffa and the boys because they negotiated language that is reality now a days? Go out and try to find a new truck without a shoulder harness, proper exhaust, high back chairs, etc.. it's like negotiating language that says from here forward no driver shall be required to work 18 hours. It's pointless, and not reality these days, since the government mandates us to work only 14. It's the same thing as your great and powerful package car language. Irishman, hits in the game. In the game goes back into the ropes mouth piece flying out, out cold! Lol!
Maybe this language was put in place to prohibit UPS from purchasing aging used vehicles other companies are purging from their fleets?

Inthegame

ITG takes a nine count and as I/C takes a victory lap, ITG delivers the haymaker that sends I/C reeling back into the corner with such force that the cornerman Bubble also gets KO'd. And the fans erupt as ITG is clearly the fan favorite...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
ITG takes a nine count and as I/C takes a victory lap, ITG delivers the haymaker that sends I/C reeling back into the corner with such force that the cornerman Bubble also gets KO'd. And the fans erupt as ITG is clearly the fan favorite...
I am a bit dizzy???

I hope we're not hurt to bad, having Teamcare and all???

clean hairy

Reverse pshycology (sp?), folks.
I presume the death traps do not have Orion or any of the high tech stuff on it.
A Driver finds they have one, mention in passing to the center manager or Sup,
"Good! I can run my route the way it SHOULD be run, and NOT the way some computer thinks it should be run"
"No having to worry about getting jumped on for idle time, backing , % on trace with Orion or anything else, thanks!"
Turn the negative into a positive and annoy the daylights out of them!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You can sure tell the difference between a young driver today and those of a few years ago. I'm not saying he is wrong--just that the difference is like night and day.

That applies to all UPS employees.

Which is sad to say.

How many increased pages can be attributed to the ever expanding drug testing language?

None.

32 pages ?

The language mirrors the NMFA.

It might be a concern to druggies and alcoholics.

And, if you had paid attention.... there was a positive addition to the language.

On one hand BUG infers that the Irishman is talking in the third person, which suggests he is referring to his own personal experiences.

Then he immediately switches gears and implies that perhaps he isn't even a driver or UPS employee?

Yawn.

Any member of this forum, can read my previous posts.

It's funny, when a well known member sends me a PM....

Because you are so curious, as to who I am.

Even if you did know, It wouldn't make a difference.

Drove him and Mario around town, stood at plant gates with him, put his stickers on every piece of equipment I saw, and still have the shirt. And these guys think I'm a Hoffa guy.

And, because I inject reality in to the conversation....

I must be "old guard".

We should of went on strike this contract.

Really,

Were you ready to be a part of that ?

Or, did you want me to do it on "your behalf"....

How about your fellow co-workers ?

-Bug-

Overpaid Union Thug

We take the trucks with us if we want when we change routes as well. What difference does it make to you?

Not that comparing feeder tractors to package cars is an apples to apples comparison but I'll bite. When you bid a route in package you are also bidding on the truck that comes with it. Plus, most routes are assigned a truck based on need based on the route itself..... NOT based on the selfishness and entitlement minded attitudes of certain drivers that suffer from spoiled brat syndrome. That's how it is in some centers though.

If a driver bids on another route and "his" former truck is similar to the truck on the new route then he should be able to swap if the driver on his old route agrees. But the notion that people should be able to just take it upon themselves to selfishly take vehicles from someone on another route is ridiculous. Whether they bid off or were bumped off.

Seniority gives you the right to bid. Not change truck assignments. That is my opinion anyway and it seems logical enough to share it. If I bid on a route I expect to get the truck that comes with it and not get it taken away and replaced by a truck that I didn't bid to on. I won't bid a route an then selfishly take another's truck. That's the difference it makes to me.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Reverse pshycology (sp?), folks.
I presume the death traps do not have Orion or any of the high tech stuff on it.
A Driver finds they have one, mention in passing to the center manager or Sup,
"Good! I can run my route the way it SHOULD be run, and NOT the way some computer thinks it should be run"
"No having to worry about getting jumped on for idle time, backing , % on trace with Orion or anything else, thanks!"
Turn the negative into a positive and annoy the daylights out of them!

Oh no, they retro-fit these dinosaurs with telematics and keyless ignition (ORION is contained in the DIAD programing).

Yet somehow, they claim they can't retro-fit power steering and brakes, high back seats or 3 point seat belts?

There is no good reason for these antiquated vehicles to be in service and no good language in the contract forcing the company's hand to do the right thing.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's funny, when a well known member sends me a PM....
Because you are so curious, as to who I am.
Even if you did know, It wouldn't make a difference.
This was a game I played with others on several occasions, as we are friends off this site.
It was fun to try and piece together clues from postings.
He seemed much more engaged in it than I was, but I surely did indulge and encourage it.
I now try to refrain from it, even when curious clues emerge.
Because as you already said, it really doesn't make a difference.

That being said and since you know who I am, maybe you could stop intentionally posting details of my identity so the 6 remaining members of this forum who still don't know who I am will stay in the dark?

Last edited by a moderator:

Inthegame

I still think you are "on the clock" when posting here.

It's one thing to quote contractual language that any good union official would have committed to memory, but some of the figures that flow seemingly effortless, broken down into percentages?

There seems to be some impressive resources at your disposal, ones very few here have the time or inclination to refute.
Are you suggesting as a steward you're not "on the clock" 24-7. Everything I cited was from two contract books, '93-'97 and '97-'02 and that took about 20 minutes while I pet the dog.

Excuse me Beck but all I had was "two contracts and a calculator" That's where it's at...

Irishman Collins

In the game, I would like to take a step out of the ring for a moment. I would like to thank you for the creative sparring and your overall attitude with your cafe postings. So many people take these postings as personal attacks. It is refreshing to have you post your opinions about the current administration. Although, I completely disagree with most of your pro administration post. I have to admit that your professionalism and your creativity are impressive. I am going to step back in the ring now with a few cuts and bruises and continue to beat you like a red headed step child. Yours truly, the champ! :D

Inthegame

In the game, I would like to take a step out of the ring for a moment. I would like to thank you for the creative sparring and your overall attitude with your cafe postings. So many people take these postings as personal attacks. It is refreshing to have you post your opinions about the current administration. Although, I completely disagree with most of your pro administration post. I have to admit that your professionalism and your creativity are impressive. I am going to step back in the ring now with a few cuts and bruises and continue to beat you like a red headed step child. Yours truly, the chump! :D
Fixed it for you...You know what they say...there are only two kinds of people in the world, the Irish and those who wish they were"
Slainte mhath

Fixed it for you...You know what they say...there are only two kinds of people in the world, the Irish and those who wish they were"
Slainte mhath
My grandfather who was one of the greatest men I'll ever know told me that we (Irish) were inbread. We couldn't get off the island for at least a thousand years. I think there's some truth to this. If it's true it explains a lot. I'm about 75% Irish. We were from county Mayo.

Inthegame

My grandfather who was one of the greatest men I'll ever know told me that we (Irish) were inbread. We couldn't get off the island for at least a thousand years. I think there's some truth to this. If it's true it explains a lot. I'm about 75% Irish. We were from county Mayo.
We're neighbors, our family roots are in Sligo. Probably why we enjoy a good tussle.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Superior language, wages and benefits. Wages and bennies under Hoffa negotiated CBA's were superior to any CBA since 1976. Carey got us a 12.5% wage hike with a 33% benny boost in the 93-97 deal. Another 15.3% wage and 25% benny boost in '97-'02. But Hoffa came in and raised wages by 21% and bennies by 40% in '02-'08 with another 14.4% wage bump and another 40% benny increase in '08. Without those contributions to benefit plans, we'd all be working til we're 70.

Are you suggesting as a steward you're not "on the clock" 24-7. Everything I cited was from two contract books, '93-'97 and '97-'02 and that took about 20 minutes while I pet the dog.

Excuse me Beck but all I had was "two contracts and a calculator" That's where it's at...

Are you sure about that?

Looks to me like you would have needed 4 contract books, a calculator and the complete wage and benefit contribution levels for each preceding contract to calculate the percentage of these wage and "benny boost/increases" for each subsequent contract?

You must have "special" versions of these 2, I mean 4 contract books, as the contract books I have only detail the increased wage and benefit contribution levels for each year and does not detail the previous contract's total contribution amounts for any year of these agreements?

With all of this in mind, I can't be sure you even have a dog?